This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
    It would be helpful to have a list of existing zones and the devices assigned to each zone.

Great plugin, by the way - I had it on HS 2 and have now upgraded to HS3.

Regards.
    can you expand on 'zone'? is that the hs location 2?

thanks for your support
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I'm speaking about the Ademco zone for each device connected to the Ademco alarm panel. For example - the plugin contains a screen called 'Add zone', and it gives the user an option of picking a zone number for the new device (say, an Ademco motion sensor, or a temperature sensor, or a door opening sensor).

Once the user assigns a zone number (in your plugin) to an Ademco device, the zone number disappears and is no longer retrievable. The user has to keep a manual list of zone numbers, which probably exists already from teh alarm installation, but it still would be nice to have access to the info.

This problem is solved in HS3, which provides a way to get to the information, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Comment

Feature Request

It would be great to have a couple additions to this plugin

I would like to fire events based on zone type. For instance, currently for me to make an event that notifies me when the AC is on and the windows are open, I have to do a ton of OR IF statements.

It would be great if we could select a grouping of zones as a trigger or condition, like if any of the selected zones or even zone type (my windows are zone type 3 which I think is perimeter) are fault THEN...

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
          It would be great to have a couple additions to this plugin

I would like to fire events based on zone type. For instance, currently for me to make an event that notifies me when the AC is on and the windows are open, I have to do a ton of OR IF statements.

It would be great if we could select a grouping of zones as a trigger or condition, like if any of the selected zones or even zone type (my windows are zone type 3 which I think is perimeter) are fault THEN...
          I think you can do this through the panel programming. Create a zone list and have it trigger a relay. the ad2usb can create virtual relays that the plugin can track.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Honeywell Lyric Security Panel

Mark, I think I know the answer, but does your PI support the newer Honeywell Lyric security panel?

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
              Mark, I think I know the answer, but does your PI support the newer Honeywell Lyric security panel?
              I really have no idea. does the AD2USB support that panel? lets start there
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I looked at the AD2USB website and they do not support the Lyric panel. So that answers my question.

Another question: I see the AD2USB supports a number of DSC panels. Does your PI also work for DSC panels or just Vista?

I'm looking to upgrade my panel and want it to integrate with HS3.

Comment

I looked at the AD2USB website and they do not support the Lyric panel. So that answers my question.

Another question: I see the AD2USB supports a number of DSC panels. Does your PI also work for DSC panels or just Vista?

I'm looking to upgrade my panel and want it to integrate with HS3.
                  I doubt the plugin will work with a DSC panel if then keypad commands and sequences aren't the same as a Vista. I don't have a DSC panel to test.

Can you remind what vista panel you have now
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

My current panel is just an old DSC PC3000. I'm looking to update it to get rid of my landline. Just trying to figure out which one to upgrade to so that I can also better integrate it into HS3. My alarm monitoring company is touting the Honeywell Lyric system because it uses a better two-way wireless protocol for the sensors, which makes them more reliable and harder to rf-jam. So I was investigating whether or not there was a PI for the Lyric system. Looks like there are some links to the Lyric thermostats, but not the alarm panel. So, that made me look at the Vista which your plugin supports via the AD2USB. Looking like Vista may be the way to go. I also need to be compatible with my alarm monitoring company.

Comment

My current panel is just an old DSC PC3000. I'm looking to update it to get rid of my landline. Just trying to figure out which one to upgrade to so that I can also better integrate it into HS3. My alarm monitoring company is touting the Honeywell Lyric system because it uses a better two-way wireless protocol for the sensors, which makes them more reliable and harder to rf-jam. So I was investigating whether or not there was a PI for the Lyric system. Looks like there are some links to the Lyric thermostats, but not the alarm panel. So, that made me look at the Vista which your plugin supports via the AD2USB. Looking like Vista may be the way to go. I also need to be compatible with my alarm monitoring company.
                      The Vista 20p is a excellent panel, and easy to program...probably the most popular used with my plugin. The ademco wireless sensors are very strong and come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.

you would need a wireless add-on board in addition to the panel.

I have 29 zones which use supervised wireless sensors. my panel is in the basement below a steel beam and metal hvac duct, and all the sensors operate without issue. They never miss a beat.

good luck with your decision
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I just moved into a house with an Ademco panel, so I've switched from the DSC plugin to yours, and so far things are going well. There are a couple of things I miss from that plugin, though: automatic zone discovery and the "Update time" action.

For the first, I'm not sure if it's a panel limitation or not. I understand there is a way to use *54 and *82 (if memory serves, I read something like that) to iterate through them, but maybe that requires the installer code...

On the time, since it's a programmable series of keypad commands, I could certainly use the scripting interface to do this, but it would be nice to just drop that action in an event that runs nightly to keep the clock in line and have it automatically figure out the keystrokes.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                          I just moved into a house with an Ademco panel, so I've switched from the DSC plugin to yours, and so far things are going well. There are a couple of things I miss from that plugin, though: automatic zone discovery and the "Update time" action.

For the first, I'm not sure if it's a panel limitation or not. I understand there is a way to use *54 and *82 (if memory serves, I read something like that) to iterate through them, but maybe that requires the installer code...

On the time, since it's a programmable series of keypad commands, I could certainly use the scripting interface to do this, but it would be nice to just drop that action in an event that runs nightly to keep the clock in line and have it automatically figure out the keystrokes.
                          tell me about the programmable time feature. Not sure my my vista 20p and keypads support this feature
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X