This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChadYancey View Post
    So in order to do anything with the RFX msgs, I'll need to upgrade to 1.2.3?
    yes, you will need to upgrade.

as i mentioned 1.2.3 is in development to support the RFX msgs, so your feedback is valuable.

just shutdown hs. backup your current hspi_vistaalarm.dll & vistaalarm.ini and install the new dll in its place, and then restart hs

You will then see a new tab for create RF Devices.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      The thing i don't understand is if you have the keyfob registered as a zone in the panel and plugin, why aren't you seeing standard panel msgs (not an RFX msg)
      If I remember right, the keyfob buttons need to be associated with a zone user before they will do anything. Can't remember how, but I will try to find it in the manual and post later...

Comment

Vista Alarm RF Trigger Zone

Hello Mark -I'm working with the RF device type to set up events that are triggered by RF, whether the system is armed or not. (BTW, this is an excellent feature!)

When setting up the event triggers, I see the group of Vista Alarm triggers, but not one for the RF devices. As a work around I'm using device status change as the trigger, but having them included in the rest of the Vista Alarm triggers will keep the events grouped together under "Vista Alarm" and not have to scroll through all my devices to find what I'm looking for. Not sure if there are other benefits, but this would be a good one.

Thanks for considering

Matt (using plugin ver 1.2.14.2)

Comment

Icons

Another request - add the ability to use icons/custom text for some of the built in devices - power lost, telco failure, etc. The standard lightbulb on/off and messages are boring compared to what can be done as implemented for zones.

Thanks for considering -

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mattz View Post
            Another request - add the ability to use icons/custom text for some of the built in devices - power lost, telco failure, etc. The standard lightbulb on/off and messages are boring compared to what can be done as implemented for zones.

Thanks for considering -

Matt
            this will be avail in hs3. i probably won't mod hs2 at this point
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              Ok, Sean said a typical keyfob keypress will not generate standard panel msgs, only RFX msgs. so we are on the right path.

you should be able to setup a new hs device via the plugin that will track keyfob press.

please be aware keyfobs only send an ON msg, so you will also need to add
              your own event to turn the hs device Off after a few seconds or whatever.
              Hello,

I'm running HS3 with VistaAlarm plugin 3.0.0.10
              I use a Honeywell 5834-4 remote and i created 4 RF devices for each button.
              I can fire an event on the status chanche (fault) of a RF device but i can't reset the status (to normal).
              Only when i press another button on the remote then that RF device goes to fault and the other RF device goes back to normal, so there is Always 1 RF device in fault status.

Will it be possible in the future to reset the RF devices back to normal?

Greetings,
              Chiel.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiel View Post
                Hello,

I can fire an event on the status chanche (fault) of a RF device but i can't reset the status (to normal).
                Only when i press another button on the remote then that RF device goes to fault and the other RF device goes back to normal, so there is Always 1 RF device in fault status.

Greetings,
                Chiel.
                i can look into this. i may just have to give you the ablility to set the status back to normal via an event action. the plugin itself doesn't know when to do this since it really doesn't understand the remote vs a motion sensor vs a door sensor
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hello,

Greetings,
                  Chiel.
                  have you tried any of the current event device actions to change the device value, or a script function setdevicevalue?

these might work as they can change the value without any plugin interaction

please try and report back. thanks
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The RF devices are not in the device list in the event actions.
                    I don't know howto use setdevicevalue, will dig into that but that will be next week.

Thanks,
                    Chiel.

Comment

The RF devices are not in the device list in the event actions.
                      I don't know howto use setdevicevalue, will dig into that but that will be next week.

Thanks,
                      Chiel.
                      i don't think there are any vista actions that you can use to change the RF device value; that may be why they aren't listed. here is a what I'm thinking...

in the event action, select run a script or script command, then check 'execute immediate script command'. then enter something like the following

hs.SetDeviceValueByName "your device name", 1

1 is the cleared value
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I have a ademco security system that I would have loved to used, but I just could not understand how to get it set up. Now I bought a less expensive model that this will not work on. I would love to get ademco to work, but now I have all these modules. Do you know if they program the same way? These you set the zone and activate it and the control system learns the module. If so, I believe I am on my way to learning it. If not I believe I am just going to sell the unit and the modules I have with it. I just would loved to have had it hooked up to my homeseer system. Any one want to offer any help, I am open. I guess the main thing is how to make the control panel learn the modules. The one I have now says I can use modules from Ademco. Any ideas one what I should do?
                        danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                          I have a ademco security system that I would have loved to used, but I just could not understand how to get it set up. Now I bought a less expensive model that this will not work on. I would love to get ademco to work, but now I have all these modules. Do you know if they program the same way? These you set the zone and activate it and the control system learns the module. If so, I believe I am on my way to learning it. If not I believe I am just going to sell the unit and the modules I have with it. I just would loved to have had it hooked up to my homeseer system. Any one want to offer any help, I am open. I guess the main thing is how to make the control panel learn the modules. The one I have now says I can use modules from Ademco. Any ideas one what I should do?
                          what panels do you have? just need a model number.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Socket Connection

Mark - Are there any plans to support a socket based connection? I was already using ad2pi with ser2sock on my vera (and I like remote programing my panel via the virtual keypad). I was thinking of trying to emulate COM port connection to an TCP/IP connection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COM_port_redirector

Cheers,
                            JG

Comment

Originally posted by jgearinger View Post
                              Mark - Are there any plans to support a socket based connection? I was already using ad2pi with ser2sock on my vera (and I like remote programing my panel via the virtual keypad). I was thinking of trying to emulate COM port connection to an TCP/IP connection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COM_port_redirector

Cheers,
                              JG
                              No plans at this time.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It would be helpful to have a list of existing zones and the devices assigned to each zone.

Great plugin, by the way - I had it on HS 2 and have now upgraded to HS3.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
                                X