Lights turning on by themselves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights turning on by themselves?

Howdy everybody! Ive got some lighting turning on by itself and its been happening rarely. Usually once a day or so with a bug light, but today I had several turn on when they were not suppose to, so I took a pic, and they just went on again while I am typing this. But I am also installing the latest version of Geovision, or updating I should say, but I don't see how that turns on my outside lighting that is never suppose to activate except after sunset.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-24 at 5.09.23 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1206680

Here is the second time...

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-24 at 5.13.16 PM.jpg
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1206681

Your logs show some events being triggered around the same time. Any chance those events are turning those lights on?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I think its a little SPOOKY to be having my lights turning on when they are not supposed to. For some reason, they skipped the provisions of having to be after sunset.. This is just after the latest update, maybe my sunset times changed. I will check that right now!

Ok yes my sunset times were changed during the update. BUT! The events are still before the wrong sunset times, does this mean I need to go back and check all of my events?
      Guess I might as well

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        Your logs show some events being triggered around the same time. Any chance those events are turning those lights on?

Cheers
        Al
        Thanks, yes the events are turning the lights on, but they are not supposed to till after sunset. But they did anyway.

Comment

Here is the event..

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-24 at 6.32.19 PM.png
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1173905

Comment

So I shut down home seer and finished the geovision update or install. And now I am running hs3 again, and no more problems... Except the occasional light turning on or on and off and on again when not supposed to, but for the most part stable again. So I guess don't run hs3 while updating or installing something else...
            I will continue to monitor and get back if this is happening more than once in 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
            X