Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop an event from running once it is running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to stop an event from running once it is running?

Hi all,

I am running HSPRO 2.5.0.79.

My goal is to create an security system for home.

I have door sensors, motion detectors, glass break sensors as sensors that gets armed when I run the event manually.

I run the event called "ARM Security" which has a "Manual only" trigger, which calls the other event "ARM Security Garage Door" with condition "Run Only If Conditions are TRUE (Applies to all RUN EVENT actions in this event.)".
    Click image for larger version

Name:	test10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1206879

Name:	Untitled 2.jpg
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1206880
    "ARM Security Garage Door" event's trigger is "Device Status Chage" with apply conditions where the garage door is open. The action of this event is to call set of events which are "Warning System" and "Siren ON" with a delay of 30 sec.

Name:	test13.jpg
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	1206882

Name:	test12.jpg
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1206881

The idea is if someone gets from the garage door, the "Warning System" event (it is called ARM Security Tier 2 in the screenshot) will start flashing couple of the lights in the house to let the intruder know that they need to cancel the event in the next 30sec other wise "Siren ON" event will start the sirens.

This part works great but I can change it if there is a better way to do it since I still can't figure out how to stop the event from running when I want to.

I do have "DISARM Security" event which is "Manually" triggered and it's action is to cancel event "ARM Security Garage Door" and remove delayed event trigger for ""ARM Security Garage Door"" which prevents the siren go off once I get in the house with in the 30 sec.

Name:	test14.jpg
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1206883

This only works once I get in the house, I can disarm the event so the siren doesn't go off.

My biggest question is I still can't figure out a way to stop it running the event again. I come home, I get the warning and I disarm the security however it doesn't stop for waiting for another door open event and the moment I open the door again, I need to stop the siren again.

Basically, is there a way to stop a running event from running? Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much detail as possible to see if I am even doing the right things...

I am also open to upgrading to HS3 if that's going to give more flexibility and more options in the security area since HS2 makes it fairly complicated as you can see (maybe I am making it complicated and there is a better, easier way that I need to hear)

Thanks

Originally posted by aosavas View Post
    My biggest question is I still can't figure out a way to stop it running the event again. I come home, I get the warning and I disarm the security however it doesn't stop for waiting for another door open event and the moment I open the door again, I need to stop the siren again.
    Could you add another condition to your siren event that the alarm is in the armed state? Then, once you've disarmed it, the event will not run again.

You may have to create a virtual device that tracks the arm/disarm state of your virtual security system. Then check the status of that device as a condition of running the siren event.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Sorry Mike but how do you do that? I checked on the condition for the siren event, I don't see anything like that can check on an event status (running or not running).

Do you mean that will have to do with that virtual device? If so do you have an example of that? Never did that before?

Thanks a lot again !!!

Comment

Nevermind, I got it and it looks it is working like a champ with the virtual device. Didn't know you can do that

Thanks a lot.!!!!

Comment

Great. I think you will find that knowing how to use a HS device that tracks the status of something like your virtual security system will be a powerful technique to add to your 'tool box'. If you search the board for the term 'virtual' you will probably discover many examples of other applications.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
          X