X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zooz ZEN15 power switch

Have any HomeSeer users used the Zooz ZEN15 power switch:

http://www.getzooz.com/zooz-zen15-power-switch.html

I’m interested in their ability to send real time energy usage, so that I know if he connected appliance is running or not. For example, I’d like to know if my sump pump is running (without having to go to the basement).

I’d like to know if it’s energy reporting works with HoneSeer and if reports are available (like historical usage).

I have 2 of these and they work great. I threw in a pic of the devices created so you can see. It is not connected to anything for this pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! I just ordered one. The devices give the current state. Is there any HS3 support for showing historical data?

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
        Thanks! I just ordered one. The devices give the current state. Is there any HS3 support for showing historical data?

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
          Device history PI

—-
          John
          Thanks, this could be useful. However, HomeSeer also has an energy database, which can be activated via Tools->Setup. It’s off by default, and I’ve never used it. I’m wondering if this built in database can be used for storing the energy usage of the Zooz ZEN15? I saw some old forum thread that had complained about issues with the energy database, but the thread is over three years old, so it may be out of date. It’s hard to find info on how this HomeSeer energy database feature is used.

Comment

Got a strange behavior with this device. When I turn on or off the device (Switch Binary child device) from HomeSeer, the device turns on or off as expected. When I turn on or off the device manually (using the button on the device), the HomeSeer log shows that Homeseer got the on or off command. However, the status of the device (Switch Binary) doesn't change. When I do a poll from HomeSeer, the status of the device updates properly. I've run Optimize & Full Optimize. Any idea why the device's status doesn't update when I turn on or off the device manually (despite Homeseer log showing it got an on or off message)?

Comment

As I mentioned above, the "Switch Binary" child device's status does not update when I manually turn on or off the ZEN15 manually (from its physical button). The HomeSeer log shows that Homeseer received the ON or OFF update, but the device's status isn't updated in the HomeSeer Device Management page.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I noticed that when I manually turn on or off the ZEN15 (from its physical button), the "Last Change" time of the root device (named "Zooz Switch Binary") is updated immediately. This is weird because it's the root device's Last Change time being updated, and not the Last Change time of the child device (named "Switch Binary" by default). The root device is not a status device. In addition, the root device's "Do not update the device last change time if device value does not change" checkbox in the root device's Configuration page is checked.

So, it looks like HomeSeer has a bug and is incorrectly trying to update the root
              device instead of the child device.

For now, rather than polling the device every x minutes, this workaround works: I wrote this event:

IF "Node 123 Z-Wave Zooz Switch Binary" (i.e. the root device)
              has a value that just changed

Then Poll Node 123 Z-Wave Switch Binary for status (i.e. poll the child device).

Comment

For reference, these are the devices associated with my ZEN15 (note that in this picture, the root device has a Last Change Time newer than the child devices).

After I wrote the aforementioned workaround event, now the child Switch Binary device is updated correctly.

EDIT: note that when I turn off (or on) the ZEN15 from its button, the HomeSeer log says:

"Jan-08 6:58:04 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 123 Z-Wave Zooz Switch Binary Set to ON"

The "Zooz Switch Binary" is the root device (the child device is "Switch Binary"). So, Homeseer is confusing the child and root devices, which explains why the root device's last update time is being updated and the child device is not being updated. Anyway, for now, my workaround event works fine.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by randman; January 8, 2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I am getting the same thing here on mine. Turning on/off the switch binary on the UI works fine. If you turn it on/off manually it updates the time on the main device but not on the child. Also when manually controlling it the icon for the switch binary does not change.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                    I am getting the same thing here on mine. Turning on/off the switch binary on the UI works fine. If you turn it on/off manually it updates the time on the main device but not on the child. Also when manually controlling it the icon for the switch binary does not change.

Comment

Good deal on the tech support. I was going to but wanted to see if you did it first. I will put in your event. Never know when I might turn it on/off manually. thanks

Comment

Zooz responded saying they believe this is an issue with Homeseer, but they'll do more testing. I also submitted a bugzillla bug (3577) to Homeseer.

Comment

Well, I'm happy with the ZEN15. I like the power use information. Very useful to know if my water sump pump is running. With regards to the aforementioned manual power / HomeSeer status issue, the event that I mentioned above works fine. In general, I won't be turning it on/off from its button. I would always leave the ZEN15 on and leave it to the sump pump to run or not depending on the water level. Of course, it would be nice to know just in case someone comes around and messes with its power button. And, I plan on using the ZEN15 for other uses, where power button may actually be used more.

Zooz tech support has been great. They are sending a ZEN15 to HomeSeer for debugging.

Comment

The button reporting is fixed in Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.188 which will posted shortly. We also added all the parameters to the settings section of the device so you can adjust easily.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              The button reporting is fixed in Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.188 which will posted shortly. We also added all the parameters to the settings section of the device so you can adjust easily.
                              Wonderful! Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
                              X