Rollertrol / Learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rollertrol / Learning

I can't seem to figure out the methodology behind how RFXCOM/HS3 handles the Rollertrol motor and learning. I thought I had it figured out and started pounding through my first floor but some how different motors have learned different channels in HS. Certain commands in HS3 control multiple shades when I didnt (think) I programmed them to do so.

Can somebody give me a quick overview on how the logic behind the RFXCOM plug in handles learning? because the way I am going out it is NOT working.

There are 2 types of Rollertrol motors, the older R-series and the newer G-series.

R-series
    The remote for the R-series can be received with Type 2 firmware and the BlindsT0 protocol enabled. Note that all other protocols are disabled when BlindsT0 is enabled. Enabling BlindsT0 is only used to get the remote ID. Easiest way is to use RFXmngr to receive the ID.

Create a BlindsT0 device on the RFXCOM - Output Devices config page and use the same ID as received from the remote.

G-series
    Create a BlindsT6 device on the RFXCOM - Output Devices config page and select a random ID.
    To add a RFXtrx433(E) BlindsT6 device to the G-series motor:
    1. press the "program" button twice on the original remote ==> 2 beeps
    2. transmit the "confirm" command with the RFXtrx433(E) ==> 5 beeps

Comment

Thanks for the fast response.

I have the R series and I have them working. The issue is that some how they are bound together in seemingly (but surely not) random pattern.

When I setup RFXCOM with the motor, is the MOTOR learning the frequency from the transmitter, or is the RFXCOM learning the motor's frequency?

When I click learn in HS, how long does HS stay in learning mode?

I guess I am not understanding how exactly the system works so my approach may be faulty. I had a 15 of these motors working with Vera, and it basically "sniffed" for frequency's in the band and autocreated unique addresses. I have manual RF controllers so that is how I created the transmission.

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
      There are 2 types of Rollertrol motors, the older R-series and the newer G-series.

R-series
      The remote for the R-series can be received with Type 2 firmware and the BlindsT0 protocol enabled. Note that all other protocols are disabled when BlindsT0 is enabled. Enabling BlindsT0 is only used to get the remote ID. Easiest way is to use RFXmngr to receive the ID.

Create a BlindsT0 device on the RFXCOM - Output Devices config page and use the same ID as received from the remote.

G-series
      Create a BlindsT6 device on the RFXCOM - Output Devices config page and select a random ID.
      To add a RFXtrx433(E) BlindsT6 device to the G-series motor:
      1. press the "program" button twice on the original remote ==> 2 beeps
      2. transmit the "confirm" command with the RFXtrx433(E) ==> 5 beeps

Comment

The motor is learning the frequency from HS (RFXCOM). Basic steps:

1. In RFCCOM plugin, add an output device for each blind of type BLINDST0. Set the device code for the channel you want for the blind. The ID Code is only for HS, so set to whatever you like.
        2. Put the motor in Learn/programming mode.
        3. Press the Learn button on the homeseer device. Blind should beep the code was received.

Comment

That is how I thought it worked but i am getting some weird operations.

I created 15 devices. I programmed the first one to HS3, all good. programmed first one to my RF remote, all good. I then tied the second motor to all good and then programmed my RF remote.. now HS3 operates several shades at the same time vs one. Its like the remote randomly has the exact same freq as RFXCOM?

Comment

Btw, the RF remote works properly. Its as if the motor is learning multiple transmit frequencies form HS3.

I suppose I could sniff remote withe RFXmgr to manually set them up. I assume just shut down HS3 and use RFXmgr?

Comment

If you want to pair a new RFXtrx "remote" with a motor you have to disconnect the power from all other motors else the RFXtrx "remote" will be paired with all connected motors in programming mode!!

Remove accidentally added remotes from the motors.

For the R-series do these steps:
              1 Stop the RFXCOM plug-in.
              2 Flash the RFXtrx with Type2 firmware,
              3 Start RFXmngr and enable only BlindsT0,
              4 Control each Rollertrol motor using the Rollertrol remote and make a note of the ID and unit code received,
              5 Stop RFXmngr and start the RFXCOM plug-in,
              6 Create BlindsT0 Output Devices in the RFXCOM plug-in and use the specific ID-Unit code as received for each Rollertrol motor.

Comment

That appears to be what is going on. Not sure I understand why since I am only putting one motor at a time into "learning mode" and I can't easily disconnect power as they are hard wired.

I will follow your instructions. thanks.

Comment

having no luck! I flashed to type2 (1022) firmware no problem. RFXmngr is has no open com ports shown, even though RFXflash connected no problem. HS3 is shut down to be sure, even unplugged RFXCOM and plugged into different computer.. same issue!

Comment

contact support rfxcom.com

Comment

Thanks, they resolved that problem now I can connect with RFXmngr.

I can sniff but dont see anything that is clearly an ID Code, etc. I would expected to see a clear channel ID. 433.XX or something.

I see a unit number, but when I set that in RFXCOM plug in it doesn't seem to do anything

Comment

From the RFXmngr screen below:
                        id2-3 73B8 is the ID code 73 B8 in HS
                        Unit 1 is the Device Code 1 in HS

Create a BlindsT0 RFXCOM - Output Device and use ID 73 B8 and Device code 1
                        See also chapter 8.59 in the RFXCOM HS3 User Guide
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. All (15+) up and running!

Comment

Working...
                          X