GeoFency and PHLocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GeoFency and PHLocation

I'm having an issue with PHLocation not always being updated by GeoFency.

When GeoFency enters or exits a geofence the GeoFency app properly indicates the status. However, not always will PHLocation get updated.

Any suggestions?
    Michael

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
    I'm having an issue with PHLocation not always being updated by GeoFency.

When GeoFency enters or exits a geofence the GeoFency app properly indicates the status. However, not always will PHLocation get updated.

Any suggestions?

Is there a chance that your cell reception isn't good enough in some locations to successfully transmit the enter/exit updates? I have that problem sometimes near my house where cell reception is poor.

There are settings in GeoFency that will show you in a pop-up if the transmit fails.

Webhook->Event|URL Settings->Notify On Error

Worth turning on if you haven't found/tried that already.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Cheeryfool,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have turned on Notify on Error and will see what happens.
      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
        Cheeryfool,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have turned on Notify on Error and will see what happens.

Cool. The setting is separate for each fence, so make sure to turn it on for all that are causing problems.
        cheeryfool

Comment

I have a similar issue but know the cause. If my wife or myself are on the phone as we enter/exit our respective geofences the Webhook function doesn't work.

Needless to say it's a PITA as failure to work means home/away scenes do not run. I have a support call with Geofency to see if there is a way to automatically re-attempt a web hookevery few mins until it confirms as sent.

I'll post their response back.
          Last edited by Stevemeck; June 16, 2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevemeck View Post
            I have a similar issue but know the cause. If my wife or myself are on the phone as we enter/exit our respective geofences the Webhook function doesn't work.

Needless to say it's a PITA as failure to work means home/away scenes do not run. I have a support call with Geofency to see if there is a way to automatically re-attempt a web hookevery few mins until it confirms as sent.

I'll post their response back.
            It does try quite a few times already, but I think it's only seconds between attempts, so it times out in a minute or two. If you set the device in the phone app for notifications you should see pop-ups when it fails. The downside of that is that you will also see notifications on your phone for every successful post too
            cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
              It does try quite a few times already, but I think it's only seconds between attempts, so it times out in a minute or two. If you set the device in the phone app for notifications you should see pop-ups when it fails. The downside of that is that you will also see notifications on your phone for every successful post too
              Thanks for the info, for my phone I don't mind any number of notifications and manual adjustment, but as we all know I need to keep all of that away from my wife. It needs to work without zero input and zero knowledge!

We were using iCloud location but found it to be slow and a high drain on battery. Geofency is only 1-2% draw maximum and works very well (apart from this issue!). Do you know if any of the other iOS geofence apps have a way around this? Other options (that work well) would no doubt be of interest to the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevemeck View Post
                We were using iCloud location but found it to be slow and a high drain on battery. Geofency is only 1-2% draw maximum and works very well (apart from this issue!). Do you know if any of the other iOS geofence apps have a way around this? Other options (that work well) would no doubt be of interest to the OP.
                We use GeoFency with our iPhones as well and I haven't run into this issue. I'm often on the phone as I enter or exit geofences and they update HS properly. Is it perhaps a carrier limitation?

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  We use GeoFency with our iPhones as well and I haven't run into this issue. I'm often on the phone as I enter or exit geofences and they update HS properly. Is it perhaps a carrier limitation?

Cheers

Al

Good call. Is it VZW and do they still restrict data when talking despite having departed CDMA?
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                    Good call. Is it VZW and do they still restrict data when talking despite having departed CDMA?

Looks like VZW does allow both now but you need a newish iPhone and may need to allow Voice And Data in LTE options. I am on AT&T and it allows me to toggle that off, so it may be worth checking whichever carrier you are on.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Can't change Geofency HTTP server password

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the password for the Geofency HTTP server?

I toggled the HTTP server to "stopped" and tried to make a change to the password but it won't let me change it. I am on version 3.0.1.90.
                      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                      Plugin's:
                      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                        Does anyone know if there is a way to change the password for the Geofency HTTP server?

I toggled the HTTP server to "stopped" and tried to make a change to the password but it won't let me change it. I am on version 3.0.1.90.
                        This is a bug. I'll get it fixed ASAP.

As a workaround.
                        Toggle the server to "stopped" then refresh the page and your should be able to change the details.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                        X