GC-100 what is its purpose in life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC-100 what is its purpose in life?

a couple years ago i ordered a GC-100-12 for the purpose of outputting the long IR codes that air-conditioners require.. I took it out, turned it on, and it outputted the A/C codes.. then I put it away and built my own A/C interface..

I ran across this thing in its box in the basement the other day and wondered what could i use it for?? will it work if i want to hit buttons on my HStouch screens and say turn on my stereo or change the channel on my cable box? what extra hardware do i need to add to it for using in this manner?

can the serial port on it be connected to the serial port of my projector and activate it instead of using IR? im thinking I could use my android tablet like a remote?

just interested to know what this device is good for other than taking up basement space..
    -Christopher
    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Check out Ultras UltraGCIR HSPI plugin as I believe it will give you an idea what this harware can do.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
    X