Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skinnez, you were indeed right. PHL device updates could cause the speaker client to rebuild VR commands. This was something I never thought of looking at before and never experienced a problem with myself.

The problem is fixed in version 3.0.0.61 which I have just uploaded.

Paul..

Comment

HS3 Location Plug-In

Brilliant!! It's not causing any major problems as I don't have much on homeseer yet. I'll install it tomorrow

Cheers
      J

Comment

Sooty,

can you please clarify the new settings in the plugin for btraced and the HTTP settings I am assuming that this port must be specific for the plug in and not the web server port of HS3, also the user name and password should be the one used in the btraced app on the devices correct?

Need a little clarification

Thanks Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I just set this up for my server as well, the port is what you specify in the PHLocation plugin (e.g. 8888) and the username and password in the bTraced app are what you entered in the settings page of the plugin.

The url becomes:

http://webserveraddressort/phlbtraced
          e.g. http://exampledomain.com:8888/phlbtraced

The app will complain about not having a bTraced Device ID on the server, if you look in the HS3 log you will see the deviceID, you can then copy this deviceID and enter this in the User/Devices section of the plugin as a new bTraced device.

Hope that helps
          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
            I just set this up for my server as well, the port is what you specify in the PHLocation plugin (e.g. 8888) and the username and password in the bTraced app are what you entered in the settings page of the plugin.

The url becomes:

http://webserveraddressort/phlbtraced
            e.g. http://exampledomain.com:8888/phlbtraced

The app will complain about not having a bTraced Device ID on the server, if you look in the HS3 log you will see the deviceID, you can then copy this deviceID and enter this in the User/Devices section of the plugin as a new bTraced device.

Hope that helps

Ok entered the port and user name and password and got the following error

2/11/2014 12:26:21 AM ~!~PHLocation Error~!~(http) Stop server general exception

Cheers Ken
            HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

OK, the port, user name and password within the PHL configuration are used for PHL only.

The port can be any port you like but must not already be in use on your system by another service. So it must be different to the HS3 port.

The user name and password can be anything you like and are not related to HS3 users / passwords.

So, if you are using Btraced you set the server address to http://yourhsserverhlport/phlbtraced and enter the user name and password set in PHL.

Be sure to let the selected port through your router and any firewall. If you are using the standard W7 firewall then you will likely have to create a rule manually to let the selected port through. To test this temporarily switch off the Windows firewall and attempt an upload.

Set debug level to 1 on PHL and attempt an upload from Btraced. If the connection settings are good then you will see some messages in the HS log.

Paul..

Comment

Ok so i opened a UDP port on my router and firewall, and setup the user name and password and this is what I am seeing in the log

Feb-11 12:41:29 AM PHLocation UPD Timer elapsed
                Feb-11 12:36:29 AM PHLocation UPD Timer elapsed
                Feb-11 12:26:29 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in PHLocation
                Feb-11 12:26:29 AM PHLocation (InitIO) Update checking or DbPrune is on. Start UpdTimer.
                Feb-11 12:26:29 AM PHLocation (http) Server thread started OK on port 8888
                Feb-11 12:26:28 AM PHLocation (InitIO) Plug-In is licensed.
                Feb-11 12:26:28 AM PHLocation (InitIO) Database structure update not required.
                Feb-11 12:26:28 AM PHLocation (InitIO) Database version is: 2
                Feb-11 12:26:28 AM PHLocation (InitIO) Plug-in version is: 3.0.0.61
                Feb-11 12:26:27 AM Info Plug-in PHLocation has connected successfully
                Feb-11 12:26:27 AM Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 127.0.0.1:27913
                Feb-11 12:26:27 AM Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 127.0.0.1:27912
                Feb-11 12:26:21 AM Info Plugin PHLocation with instance: has disconnected

but on the device I get failed to upload daa points please check your internet connection

Any ideas

Cheers Ken

Comment

HS3 Location Plug-In

Have you tried TCP instead of UDP, or disabling the windows firewall ?

Comment

Yep tried them both and still no luck.

I have the app set to report to server address: port/phlbtraced

is that correct

Comment

HS3 Location Plug-In

I don't use the external web bit, I only use followmee.
                      I take it the server address is the external ip and not internal, and there is no space after the colon (port no.)?

Comment

Ken,

I can help you to resolve this but it will be after 5 PM GMT today.

I expect that your port / firewall settings are not correct because others are using the plug-in with Btraced OK.

Paul..

Comment

FYI Paul
                          Installed the update at lunchtime, all OK. There were a few VR rebuilds shortly after but none on my way home or since. Ill keep an eye on it, but it appears to have fixed it.
                          Unfortunately for me it wasn't the cause of my speaker client problem
                          (I'll be posting on the thread I started)
                          Cheers
                          J

Comment

PHLocation

Hi Paul,

The plugin does not invoke the firewall during installation on Win 7 and thus preventing the updates. The updates only work with the firewall turned off. I tried to allow the HSPI_PHLocation.exe in the HS3 folder but that does not do any change. It only works with the firewall turned off

Regards.

Eman.
                            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                              Hi Paul,

The plugin does not invoke the firewall during installation on Win 7 and thus preventing the updates. The updates only work with the firewall turned off. I tried to allow the HSPI_PHLocation.exe in the HS3 folder but that does not do any change. It only works with the firewall turned off

Regards.

Eman.
                              Hi Eman,

It is on my todo list to investigate why the plug-in doesn't invoke the W7 firewall on first use.

You can add a manual rule to the W7 firewall for whichever port you have selected and then switch the firewall back on.

Paul..

Comment

PHLocation

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                                Hi Eman,

It is on my todo list to investigate why the plug-in doesn't invoke the W7 firewall on first use.

You can add a manual rule to the W7 firewall for whichever port you have selected and then switch the firewall back on.

Paul..
                                Ok Paul,

Will try that. And thanx.

Eman.
                                TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
                                X