Qubino z-wave - Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qubino z-wave - Working!

I just discovered the new Qubino Z-Wave divices and they look very interesting. much like Fibaro, but smaller and with Power meeter and optional temp sensor.

http://qubino.com/

do anyone have any experience with these devices?
    can't find any information about them at http://products.z-wavealliance.org/s...rchText=Qubino
    Last edited by Toby; February 2, 2016, 06:54 AM. Reason: Not working

Why the thumbs down? They could work but someone would have to be the guinea pig and try as I'm sure Rich hasn't tested with these devices.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The thumbs down was just a typo due to my large fingers on a small screen.

I just ordered one to try out. But I'm a bit skeptical if they're not certified...

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
        The thumbs down was just a typo due to my large fingers on a small screen.

I just ordered one to try out. But I'm a bit skeptical if they're not certified...
        Hopefully these will work. Keep us updated.

Comment

Just tried them and so far no luck.
          Homeseer sw detects them during the add, but fails to get status or capabilities from the device as it claims it's a non listening device...

Comment

Is there a button like on the motion detectors to 'wake it up'?

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
              Just tried them and so far no luck.
              Homeseer sw detects them during the add, but fails to get status or capabilities from the device as it claims it's a non listening device...
              Did you try adding them using a Z-Wave controller or using the add node functionality of HS?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                Is there a button like on the motion detectors to 'wake it up'?
                They are powered by 220AC so no batteries.

There's one button and I used this to trigger the add sequence from the node.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  Did you try adding them using a Z-Wave controller or using the add node functionality of HS?
                  I have two devices. The first one I added using the button on the aeon stick and then importing the device in hs.
                  The second I added using the add function in his and as I was testing these in my utility room, the stick and the node where close by each other.

Both cases returned the same result in HS.
                  I tested mostly on HS2 as this is what I still use, but did a quick test in HS3(latest zwave beta) and got the same results here.

I tried adding them, removing and the re-adding. No luck.

In addition, the relay device had a annoying high frequent noise.

The result being : they are now returned to the dealer and swaped for fibaro as I have in the rest of my house and I know these work.

(now I only hope that Fibaro dimmers work with the latest breed of dimmable LED downlights.)

Comment

I use these downlights
                    http://www.elektroimportoren.no/alte...ent=bestseller
                    With fibaro dimmer. No special settings. Works fine

Comment

Thanks Markus, that's good to know. It should work OK then.

Comment

Originally posted by markus.bergvoll View Post
                        I use these downlights
                        http://www.elektroimportoren.no/alte...ent=bestseller
                        With fibaro dimmer. No special settings. Works fine
                        Markus, I'm going a bit of topic here, but are you able to dim the lights all the way down like you did with halogen bulbs?
                        With my "manual" non-zwave Led dimmer I can go just about as far down as I can with halogen, but with fibaro (or duwii) they only go down a little bit. Meaning 10% setting in the dimmer does not have 10% intensity but more like 50%.

I'm thinking I might need to add the AC bypass device. http://www.smarthus.info/product_inf...oducts_id=2908 to get it down to 10% intensity when set to 10%.

Comment

The seller convinced me to try the Cubino dimmers once more, as he had them working in HS2 and I'm glad he did. He sent them back to me and did the exact same test as last time, but this time it works flawlessly.

Added bonus is that, as the dimmers are transistor based it fits my led lights a lot better! I'm told that the generate less heat than Fibaro.

Attached is Fibaro (with AC bypass) and Cubino dimmers side by side.
                          In the first image I have both set to 6% dim (lowest I could get the Qubino to be on). (Qubino on the left)
                          In the second image shows the devices created in HS2...

Now I have to test to see how they work with HS3...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Toby; July 22, 2014, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Comment

WHS.
                              I have now replaced 15 of my Fibaro dimmers w/ Qubino, very happy!! I have only replaced the dimmers for high effect LED's as they tend to be more problematic w/ Fibaro. I have lost track of how many dimmers I have but I plan to replace the rest if they start to act up in the future.

//L, Sweden

Comment

Working...
                              X