Using PHLocation with myhs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using PHLocation with myhs

Have I been dreaming, or did you add the ability to use myhs instead of the built-in webserver? I was sure I read that a while back, but now I can't find it.

(got some iBeacons today, and discovered the problem with reaching my webserver as defined in Geofency when connected to my local wifi)

Originally posted by mk1 black limited View Post
    Have I been dreaming, or did you add the ability to use myhs instead of the built-in webserver? I was sure I read that a while back, but now I can't find it.

(got some iBeacons today, and discovered the problem with reaching my webserver as defined in Geofency when connected to my local wifi)
    PHLocation has its own web server and will not work with MyHS. You will need to create a port forwarding rule in your router so that GeoFency can post to your WAN IP (DDNS recommended). If you have a DDNS then you would have GeoFency post to yourname.yourddns.com:yourportnumber/phlgeofency then it would authenticate using the credentials you set up in the PHLgeofency configuration.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yep. No myhs. I really don't like poking those holes in my firewall but it is restricted to one port and only to PHLocation.exe so....... It could be a LOT worse.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        PHLocation has its own web server and will not work with MyHS. You will need to create a port forwarding rule in your router so that GeoFency can post to your WAN IP (DDNS recommended). If you have a DDNS then you would have GeoFency post to yourname.yourddns.com:yourportnumber/phlgeofency then it would authenticate using the credentials you set up in the PHLgeofency configuration.
        Right, so I have been dreaming... I solved it like this:

1. Create a new external DNS pointer which is only used for webhook from Geofency, say geofency.yourdomain.com
        2. Create the same DNS pointer in your local DNS-server, pointing to the local HS3 server
        3. Make sure you open the same port xxxxx in your firewall as you use in PHLocations web server

Then you can use geofency.yourdomain.com:xxxxx both externally and internally.

Comment

Had half an hour playing about this morning and it may be possible to get data into the plug-in via myhs>JSON.

Will need to do some more testing but I will add it to the to do list.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
            Had half an hour playing about this morning and it may be possible to get data into the plug-in via myhs>JSON.
            I would LOVE this (not so much for myHS, but for not adding yet another web service through the firewall).

Is it possible now (the docs says no)?
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

... ping?
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                ... ping?
                It's on the to do list along with a host of other things but unfortunately work is getting in the way at the moment.

As soon as I get some spare time, I'll get onto it....

Paul..

Comment

OK, standing by.

Comment

Working...
                  X