Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
    Okay,

The Homeseer skill will let me log in (option 1)

The Homeseer Home Automation skill keeps giving me the SESSION EXPIRED message.

Michael
    That's what I get with my custom skill
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Rotech,

I had this happen a few weeks ago. Try logging out of your Amazon account and closing down your browser. I "think" Amazon may have had a problem with issuing session cookies that were in the future. If that doesn't do it you may want to clear your browser cache or try a different browser that doesn't have the session cookie.

Hope this helps,
      Ken
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
        Rotech,

I had this happen a few weeks ago. Try logging out of your Amazon account and closing down your browser. I "think" Amazon may have had a problem with issuing session cookies that were in the future. If that doesn't do it you may want to clear your browser cache or try a different browser that doesn't have the session cookie.

Hope this helps,
        Ken
        How do enable your skills thru the app or thru a web browser ? I have always done it thru the app...
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I've done almost everything through a browser.

Go to https://alexa.amazon.com and login using your amazon id.

--Ken
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

thnak you ken, that did it, after all this tiime, I would have never figured it out.
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Excellent! Glad you're working again.

This tech is really in its infancy. Just last night we heard the dot in our kitchen say "your echo dot has lost its connection". It wouldn't take commands for almost an hour. It was about 9:38PM PST so we were wondering if Amazon was doing some type of "after midnight" update. You know "After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang down".

I'm not getting rid of my touchscreens and push button controllers just yet.

--Ken

Comment

When I went to https://Alexa.amaxpzon.com I was presented with download the Alexa app.

Still cannot,link HS with Amazon (option 2)

Michael
                Michael

Comment

Michael,

I'm assuming that's just a typo in your URL and you're actually going tot he correct URL?

What browser are you using? It sounds like you may be trying to do this in a browser on a tablet and the website is detecting that and offering up the app instead. It works as I described it in Chrome and Firefox on a Mac. It works with Firefox on an iPad but I get the same download page as you when I try it with Safari on my iPad.

--Ken
                  Last edited by kenm; January 5, 2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Ken,

Yes , it was a typo and I tried it on my iPad.

Will try on desktop.

Thanks!

Michael
                    Michael

Comment

Is anyone else having problems with Alexa this evening? When I ask to operate device, she responds with sorry the device isn't responding. Interestingly enough, the homeseer skill works.

All the devices show offline on the Alexa webpage.

Robert
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

AWS has been up and down all day. I suspect that has something to do with it.

See here:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/n...mble/98530914/

Ken

Comment

Error Creating connection to MyHS service

I've been getting this in the log for a couple of days.

Error Creating connection to MyHS service, there may be a problem with the server or the Internet connection. The connection will be attempted again shortly.

Comment

Working...
                          X