Homeseer WD100+ stopped reporting instant status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer WD100+ stopped reporting instant status

I am using Homeseer on a Raspberry Pi with a few events. Everything was working well, being able to turn on a few lights with a double click. Now one of the dimmers is not reporting status anymore (I didn't make any change in Homeseer). How can I debug what is happening? I checked on the device web page, and when the dimmer is turned on or off, Homeseer thinks the state doesn't change, and events are not triggered. I checked the log, and don't see any error. What else can I do?

Try rescanning the device, and then doing a couple of optimizes followed by a full optimize of the device.

Are you able to control it remotely? Is it just the status that's not coming through?

How big is your Z-Wave network? What is the last working route from the device to the controller?

Comment

I have a similar problem, I'm not sure if it's hardware or software based. optimizing the HS-WD100+ switch/dimmer in question solves the problem in my setup.

I suspect this issue also affects my devices that don't report instant status but that wasn't as noticeable as my instant status events not firing. I've had devices not update their status after being manually set, even when being polled regularly, but never tried to trouble shoot them. I think that could be the same issue.
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Try Killing power to the switch. My first set of dimmers would fail in this mode all the time.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
          Try Killing power to the switch. My first set of dimmers would fail in this mode all the time.

I have a series of steps planned; 1) poll the device 2) reboot homseer... and I'll add in 3) manually cut power to the switch. I think I'll also power down and restart my z-net. restarting the z-net interface didn't solve the issue. I'm also on the lookout for a device which stops updating it's status
          HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
          Number of Devices: 1005
          Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

You can kill power by pulling out the safety interlock on the bottom of the dimmer switch, wait a minute and then push it back in.

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I had this issue on actual switches that were instant status. I had to remove and re add. I am curious to see what the workflow is for the new homeseer switches. About to pull the trigger on some whenever they get back in stock.

Comment

Working...
              X