Tips and Tricks for GoControl GD00Z Z-Wave Garage Door Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips and Tricks for GoControl GD00Z Z-Wave Garage Door Controller

I had a heck of a time getting this device paired and operating with my Zee, but did finally have success. I'm posting this in hopes that it might save hours of frustration. The issues have more to do with the door controller than the Zee, but I couldn't see a forum specific to this device.

The first problem I ran into was that pushing the "Link Button" on the door controller did nothing, unless I held it down for a long time. After MUCH trial and error, I discovered that the following steps triggered the inclusion every time: Hold the garage door controller right next to the HomeSeer controller to perform the inclusion. Press the link button and hold it in for about 15 seconds -- you'll hear a chirp after about 7 seconds, but keep holding the button and after about another 7 seconds it will chirp repeatedly. Once it starts chirping repeatedly let go of the button. Then press the button briefly once again. The inclusion process will now start. That is the only way I could get the inclusion process to start, and it consistently works for me.

Once inclusion completed, I installed the GD00Z controller and wired it to the garage door opener. As soon as you plug it in, the Barrier Operator device in HSTouch showed a status of "Stopped", and Access Control Notification device showed a status of "Barrier Operation Denied UL". That message should go away once you manually operate the garage door up and down (by manual, I mean using the regular garage door controls, rather than via the z-wave control). But the messages remained for me and I could not operate the door via any HomeSeer interface. I finally discovered that the door tilt switch was not paired with the GD00Z controller unit, so the GD00Z did not know that the garage door was going up and down. To pair the tilt switch with the GD00z, I removed it from the door (if you taped it to the door, you'll just need to remove it from the battery cover and bee sure to hold in the little black safety switch with your finger), and held it up next to the GD00Z (I can't tell you how many times I went up and down that ladder!), then pressed the Link Button on the controller for 7 seconds until it chirped once. Then let go of the link button and tilt the switch in your hand simulating the door open and close positions. After tilting the switch a couple of times, the GD00Z chirped again, indicating it was paired. Everything finally worked after that!

I have read on other forms that if the garage door controller loses power, you may get the ""Barrier Operation Denied UL" error again and have to perform the re-paring of the tilt switch.

Thanks!
    Jim

Thank you for your post.

Michael
    Michael

Comment

Working...
    X