Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General questions

To better understand,

Would lights keep the off state or on state after a power outage or someone turning them off by the switch?

Can you control them with the voice/kinect plug in and also change colors.

Do you know how accurate is the temperature sensor of the motion sensor, can it be calibrated?

Can you program them to come on in party/Christmas mode?

thanks.

Inxider,

Lights will come on when they are powered. Philips does not want to change that behaviour. With the plugin though, it will detect power is restored (as long the bridge was able to report lights are unreachable) and it can restore the last setting automatically (off or color setting), provided the option for recovering is set for the respective bulbs.

I do not know if it works with the kinect plugin, but voice commands should work (not using it myself)

I think the temperature sensor is quite accurate. With the plugin you can adjust ot still though so you can make it match others.

With the presets/scenes and animation you can define some nice effects for Christmas or a party. There is no synchronization with music though.

If you have more questions, let me know

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

thanks,
      when you mention voice command / do you mean by tasker or by the HS app?

not sure if philips let you change the time for the motion sensor,
      but could you also change the time for when no motion to turn light off after 30 seconds? I read the minimum was 60 seconds.

and can it be setup so it would send audio to speaker like a sonos if motion is detected. example Motion detected front door.

thanks.

Comment

I don't know the tasker plugin here as I never used it yet. I am not sure it takes voice commands? You mentioned the Kinect plugin, wich takes voice commands. I am expecting that both standard HS3 and the Kinect plugin would be able to send a on or off command. But you have to test that, I cannot answer that as I am not using voice commands. I do not need it as everything here is controlled by GPS presence and motion sensors.

The plugin reports the status of the bridge to HS3, in HS3 you can create events that trigger xx seconds after a change, so yes, you can turn lights off after 30 seconds of no motion. But be aware, a person sitting in a chair reading a book can have not move for longer periods . Are you sure that is what you want?

I am using the Sonos plugin here to announce movement based on selected motion sensors, you can set it up with the events easily

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

The 30 second to turn off was more for the porch light after I get home. that way they would turn on while there is motion and turn off 30 sec after no motion.

I forgot to ask, can you also set some lights to slowly dim before turning off after you turn them off from the app or dimmer switch. example bedroom light.

thank you.

Comment

Inxider

If you give a comand from another ap, the plugin cannot influence the delay on off commands. The specific app is responsible for it. If you give an off from the plugin, you can set the delay in the transition setting on the configuration page. That will then set the delay before a device is set off, during that delay it will dim slowly.

When you want to do this with the dimmer switch, you can do that soon through the plugin. In its current stat there is an issue on the dimmer switch page that needs to be solved.

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
            X