Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remotec Z-Wave ZXT-120

Hey Guys,
    want to know if anyone has any luck getting this thing to work with homeseer..
    I have several in the wall A/C units, that I like to control more then just on/off, which I'm doing with a insteon module..

This unit is supposed to allow you to control temp Up/down
    Learn specific IR codes, etc.. and it has a temperature probe IN it..
    so its like a thermostat that controls a AC unit.. in the wall..
    desperately, need to get more control of my A/C units... need to know if this works, and more so , works with homeseer LOL

thanks guys
    Fred

It does work with Homeseer, much better than it did with Vera. Its a bit fiddly though. First you have to look up the AC codes from the table, for each manufacturer there are several code sets you have to try until you find the one which works best. So you have to set one after another in the device settings. From memory it was setting 27, but have a look in the manual. The learning I never got to work on Vera, and on HS3 I didn't need to as all functions I needed worked out of the box

Comment

It works fine with me, I tried that on split units and split ducted A/C.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
        It does work with Homeseer, much better than it did with Vera. Its a bit fiddly though. First you have to look up the AC codes from the table, for each manufacturer there are several code sets you have to try until you find the one which works best. So you have to set one after another in the device settings. From memory it was setting 27, but have a look in the manual. The learning I never got to work on Vera, and on HS3 I didn't need to as all functions I needed worked out of the box
        I'm still learning my way around Homeseer. I've just bought a Remotec ZXT-120 so that I can control my Akai airconditioner (Mercifully it has only one code! 434) Where do I input Parameter 27 and the aircon code 434 in Device Management? Many thanks, Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Tony555 View Post
          I'm still learning my way around Homeseer. I've just bought a Remotec ZXT-120 so that I can control my Akai airconditioner (Mercifully it has only one code! 434) Where do I input Parameter 27 and the aircon code 434 in Device Management? Many thanks, Tony
          I've just got my ZXT-120 working with HS on a Raspberry Pi. Took me ages to figure out where to input the different values for parameter 27 to get the codes working with my aircon.

In "Device Management" I clicked on the "Thermostat" part of the ZXT-120 device, then the "Z Wave" tab, then expanded "Settings". There I was able to select parameter 27 and enter different values until I found one that worked.

Comment

Dredging up an old thread (bad from) but it's still relevant to this device so might help others when search.

I have the new version of the ZXT-120, the ZXT-600 - I don't know that it's much different, just a different package.

Anyway, my question is, does anyone know how to add more child devices to the set that HS3 creates? For instance my split unit has a "swing" function on the remote and the IR commands are there, but I see no way to emit those commands from the set of devices that the Z-Wave plugin created.

Also, has anyone managed to get the thing to report temperature back to Hs3 at all?
            Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
              Dredging up an old thread (bad from) but it's still relevant to this device so might help others when search.

I have the new version of the ZXT-120, the ZXT-600 - I don't know that it's much different, just a different package.

Anyway, my question is, does anyone know how to add more child devices to the set that HS3 creates? For instance my split unit has a "swing" function on the remote and the IR commands are there, but I see no way to emit those commands from the set of devices that the Z-Wave plugin created.

Also, has anyone managed to get the thing to report temperature back to Hs3 at all?
              Hi beerygaz , did you ever get this working? I am also trying to replace an old ZXT-120 with a newer ZXT-600 (zwave Gen5) and seem to be missing a few devices (dry air set point, auto change over setpoint).

I would be keen to see how you have progressed and maybe learn something about setting it up to function the same way the ZXT-120 used to.

Maybe we should start a new thread?

Marty
              iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Hello guys. Looking for some help here.
                I own 5 zxt 120 (2x v1.4, 1x v1.6 and 2x v1.8). I have 3 of them working great with my fujitsu ACs. Today, I installed two new ACs and prepared my zxt 120 v1.8 (that were never used) to control them. I started by factory resetting them, then changing to always listening mode (as they are powered connected) and included them in my zwave network. Everything went great. But when I tried to set my AC unit based on parameter 27, the unit was supposed to blink twice upon receiving the homeseer command. It does not happen. And my ACs don't seem to be receiving the IR code, although I see it blinking sending the IR code, but not the one set by parameter 27, probably. What am I doing wrong? The other 3 with different and lower versions work normally. The AC units are all equal. They should respond to parameter value 16. When I click SET after altering the values, the zxt 120 unit does not blink twice. I even put them side by side with my stick to prevent radio transmission related errors.
                Any help? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Anyone could illuminate me with any solution? Still not getting it to work.

Comment

Hello again.

Any help, please?

Comment

You'll have to reach out to Remotec. There may be difference in the firmware and the codes may be different.

And check what version of the manual you are using (v1.4 vs v1.6 etc). I recall the code list being different for different versions.

Or you could try working you way through the Fujitsu code list.
                      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Just to let people know (maybe this helps someone), the mistake was mine. Although I wasn't seeing the device blink when it was supposed to be receiving the command, I was trying to send commands (after thinking it was configured - but in fact, it was) with values of zero. First, you have to setpoint temperatures before doing anything. After doing that, my air conditioner responded the IR commands. Silly me.

Comment

Working...
                        X