Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue strips lights stay illumintaed after 30 sec alert

Hi All,

I have noticed the Hue strip lights stay illuminated after the "alert" button is pressed on the device page. Anyway to stop this happening?
    Last edited by Stevieboy; June 10, 2017, 01:31 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Steve

Steve,

I am seeing the same here. I use alert on two lights and in the past two or three months one of these lights ends the alert in a on state, when it was off at start. The alert is really a bridge function, so I am afraid it is something with the latest bridge API. The plugin itself only issues the command, the bridge is taking care of the rest.

What I did is adding an 30 second wait in the event and then send the off.
    Thought I was the only one seeing it, will see if I get some response in the developers site

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim,

Thanks. I will watch this space!

Also, is there a way without creating scenes to adjust alert colour for strips/lights within the Hue bridge?
      Last edited by Stevieboy; June 8, 2017, 06:00 AM.
      Steve

Comment

Steve,

Looked a bit deeper here this afternoon and it seems that if a light is off an internal error occurs on the bridge, which in itself does no harm, but the plugin repeats the command immediately because of that.
        After the second time the alert command is send, the light is already on and that why it ends in a on state.
        Will try to prevent the repeated command in case of an alert send to the light and see if it prevents the on state... will let you know if this really works correctly later.

And as for the change of the color of the light, you cannot do that without setting the color of the light through a scene or a preset. It might work as you want by first setting of the alert and immediate send of a preset after that. never tested that yet though.
        The Philips bridge itself is not able to set the alert with a color, it will always use the last color used.

Thanks

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Steve,

Good news, it was my bad
          Tested the update yesterday and it now works as it should. I am still working on a few issues, at least trying to emulate it here in the house. Once I have caught these I will publish the new version with this issue solved

Thanks for letting me know!

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

Thanks for the heads up. Look forward to the new update
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X