Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for getting the updates in the updater. I just updated to .43 using the updater but .44 doesn't appear to be there?

Also, I received this error and was forced to restart Homeseer:

Jun-16 8:48:09 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in ISYInsteon
    Jun-16 8:48:09 AM Error (2) Unable to initialize interface ISYInsteon :Either no license or trial has expired
    Jun-16 8:48:09 AM Updater Re-initializing plugin after update.
    Jun-16 8:48:09 AM Updater Install/Update of package ISYInsteon Plugin was successful.
    Jun-16 8:48:09 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\ISYInsteon\SQLite.Interop.dll
    Jun-16 8:48:09 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\ISYInsteon\System.Data.SQLite.dll
    Jun-16 8:48:09 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe.config
    Jun-16 8:48:09 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe
    Jun-16 8:48:09 AM Updater Installing package ISYInsteon Plugin
    Jun-16 8:48:09 AM Updater Update HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe downloaded successfully
    Jun-16 8:48:08 AM Updater Downloading update: ISYInsteon Plugin
    Jun-16 8:48:08 AM Info Plugin ISYInsteon with instance: has disconnected

Once I restarted Homeseer with .43 installed, the .44 was in the updater.

After installing .44, I got the same error as above and had to restart Homeseer again. This is OK, but I wanted to let you know in case this isn't supposed to happen.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
      Holy smoke batman are you fast. :-)

Did the update but something went amiss.

Now the PI doesn't appear in the list of plugs in any more...

Restart HS?
      It's not in the list of installed plug-in's or the list of available plug-in's? If it's in the list of available plug-ins, just try reinstalling it again.

Using the normal updater process was supposed to make things easier and better as I assumed it was a stable process. I don't know why the no license / trial expired message is there, the plug-in doesn't require a license from HomeSeer.

It may be possible that the plug-in got stuck and didn't really exit when HomeSeer tried to stop it (or maybe it just took a bit too long to exit). If HomeSeer thinks it not running but it still shows up in the windows task list, try killing it and re-install.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

I reinstalled it but it's not in the list of installed plug-ins. See attached pic.

I'm not restarting HS yet in case you want me to look at anything.
        Attached Files

Comment

I had to restart HS, and now it's back and working normally.

Comment

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
            I had to restart HS, and now it's back and working normally.
            That's fine. I'll experiment with the update process a bit. I'm almost always re-installing the same version as I have to have the new version installed to make the update package. But I can fudge things a bit and do some tests.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

FYI, just restarted my computer and received the following error on startup:

6/17/2017 8:46:37 AM ~!~Error~!~Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe: The type initializer for 'HSPI_ISYInsteon.ISYInsteon' threw an exception.

6/17/2017 8:46:54 AM ~!~Error~!~(1) Unable to initialize interface ISYInsteon :Either no license or trial has expiredStartup Complete, 2 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Restarted the computer (not just homeseer) again and:

6/17/2017 8:54:06 AM ~!~Startup~!~Checking for available plug-ins
              6/17/2017 8:54:07 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: Caddx, version: 3.4.1.0
              6/17/2017 8:54:07 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: Ecobee, version: 3.0.0.18
              6/17/2017 8:54:07 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: Harmony Hub, version: 3.6.5.0
              6/17/2017 8:54:07 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: HSTouch Server, version: 3.0.0.68
              6/17/2017 8:54:07 AM ~!~Error~!~Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe: The type initializer for 'HSPI_ISYInsteon.ISYInsteon' threw an exception.
              6/17/2017 8:54:07 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: Sonos, version: 3.0.0.21
              6/17/2017 8:54:07 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: UltraRachio3, version: 3.0.6104.19146
              6/17/2017 8:54:07 AM ~!~Startup~!~Initializing Plug-Ins

Then I restarted Homeseer (by closing it and waiting a few seconds and then reopening it).
              The plug-in loaded fine and there were no errors reported, but it came up disabled.
              I enabled it and now all appears fine. But something is up.. .

Tim

Current Date/Time: 6/17/2017 8:58:41 AM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station
              System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 1 Minute 23 Seconds
              IP Address: 192.168.1.100
              Number of Devices: 744
              Number of Events: 90
              Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.4.1.0: Caddx
              3.0.0.18: Ecobee
              3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
              3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
              3.0.0.44: ISYInsteon
              3.0.0.21: Sonos
              3.0.6104.19146: UltraRachio3

Comment

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
                FYI, just restarted my computer and received the following error on startup:

6/17/2017 8:46:37 AM ~!~Error~!~Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe: The type initializer for 'HSPI_ISYInsteon.ISYInsteon' threw an exception.

6/17/2017 8:46:54 AM ~!~Error~!~(1) Unable to initialize interface ISYInsteon :Either no license or trial has expiredStartup Complete, 2 errors detected, check the log for more information.
                These errors are something that HomeSeer is reporting prior to the plug-in starting. It's not clear what is actually wrong. I did some searching and the same error has been reported for other plug-ins and even on one specific version of HS itself, but there isn't any specific resolution. Mostly it seems to be resolved with new versions.

I've tried a bunch of things to see if I can make it happen on my end and while I've managed to make HomeSeer fail to load the plug-in, I can't get the same error.

The fact that it seems inconsistent and the plug-in actual works when you enable it is really strange.

How are you starting HomeSeer on startup? Is it starting on boot before a user has logged in? Or is it starting when the user is logged in? Is there possibly some type of permission problem where the HomeSeer process can't access all the plug-in's files?
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Last night we had a power failure. After it came back on and HS3 started I got this in the start up log. Restarted a few times and keep getting the errors. Any ideas? I do have backups. Any particular file I should restore?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                    Last night we had a power failure. After it came back on and HS3 started I got this in the start up log. Restarted a few times and keep getting the errors. Any ideas? I do have backups. Any particular file I should restore?
                    The ISY is sending bad XML. Have you tried power cycling the ISY? If that doesn't fix it, check the ISY configuration, in the XML it has:

<internetAccessURL>https://$e^B/</internetAccessURL>

Which isn't a valid URL and isn't valid XML so the plug-in fails trying to parse it.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                      Have you tried power cycling the ISY?
                      That worked. Thank you.

Comment

Version 3.0.0.46 is now available. See the first post in this thread for details on the changes.

Two notes about this version:

1) I'm moving away from using a SQLite database for holding the configuration data. The main issue with using SQLite is that the .DLL's aren't platform independent and thus, the version installed with the package doesn't work on Linux. Right now, the plug-in is using the versions of the DLL's supplied by HomeSeer to work around this issue. This version of the plug-in will read your existing configuration data and convert it to a new format which will be used going forward. A future version of the plug-in will completely remove the DLL's. The change should be transparent.

2) There is a known issue with the update process on the Linux version of HomeSeer. If the plug-in is running when you update to a newer version, it will fail to properly restart the plug-in after the update. Toggling the plug-in off and then back on manually in the manage plug-ins interface will properly restart the plug-in.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Bob -

I see 3.0.0.47 in the updater now...What's changed?
                          My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by jfryhling View Post
                            Bob -

I see 3.0.0.47 in the updater now...What's changed?
                            I've updated the first post with the changes in 3.0.0.47. Sorry that was delayed a bit. There is a web link in the updater to a web page that has the change log information also.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Just replaced a switch and the plug-in worked flawlessly so far. Thanks Bob!

Comment

Spoke too soon. Upon restarting homeseer, a duplicate device emerged.
                                The plug-in was then not responding, and I had to stop/restart it.
                                Then it updated the second Main DB device below when i turned on the switch, so I deleted the first one.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by timlacey; September 1, 2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X