Microphone & Speakers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microphone & Speakers....

Having been a HS user for a couple of years.... I'm just getting around to trying voice control.

What does everybody use for an input device and an output device? How do I distribute the interfaces throughout the house so that the announcements can be heard? How do I have a microphone available everywhere?
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Here's one option: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165984

Personally, I don't use VR with HS. For sound distribution, I use Squeezebox devices and the Squeezebox plugin.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I always used HS Phone. I had a high quality mic in the house, but found the accuracy to be bad, and many false triggers from TV, or even running water. With HSPhone, I can pick up any phone in the house and talk to HomeSeer. One nice thing with that, is that scripts can be told to speak on the phone if an event was triggered by the phone. So I can pick up and ask for the weather report, for instance, and it will only speak to me over the phone, instead of the entire house.

I also keep my amps to the individual room speakers on an appliance module that can be turned off when not in use (power savings).

Comment

I have been working on this endeavor for awhile I have a pretty simple setup but it is very functional for the Vr part of it I am using the microsoft kinect with spuds plug in in most areas it allow for the vr to recognize what zone the commadns came from. for the TTS announcements I simply have the sound card on my PC connected to a tuner that runs many channels throughout the house but am considering russ sound addition in the near future

Cheers Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I'm using kinect for VR as well

For TTS announcement I'm using different kind of airplay speakers: speakers connected to an Airport Express, XBMC, receiver, etc...
          Airplay is a very effective and cheap solution to add speakers connected to HS because a lot of hardware and software are compatibles.

Comment

Working...
          X