• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neato connect series is now open for "hacking"

Found this on another board:

roberto 5 days ago

Hello hackers!
    Let me introduce myself, I am Roberto Ostinelli, Neato Robotics' Director of Cloud Services.
    I'm impressed with the work that you've put into integrating with our robots! Great job!
    Given the interest we've seen on this and other forums, we've listened and have just released the Neato Developer Network, which might hopefully be of interest for some of you here.
    You can become a developer with just your Neato account from here:
    https://developers.neatorobotics.com
    You will find official documentation and SDKs for JavaScript, iOS and Android (for now, we plan on expanding to other languages too!).
    Simply put, as a developer you can create your own OAuth apps that interacts with Neato robots.
    A demo of what you can achieve with the JavaScript SDK can be seen here (just login with your Neato account when requested):
    https://developers.neatorobotics.com/demo/sdk-js
    Please note that all of this is in Beta, we're a small team but are doing our best!
    Cheers,
    r.

I have not have time to look in to it, but he later states it use standard http requests, so it should not be hard to incorporate it with homeseer.

Yay! Now we just need a .NET library and we're off!
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I was just looking at the new Neato D5 Connected on the weekend
      I have been going back and forth between it and the Roomba 880
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Get the BotVac. We need BLBotvac!
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I think I need to do that - BLNeatoVac

I am still swaying back and forth between the Neato D5 Connected or the Roomba 880
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

The Dyson 360 Eye would be a contender if it had an API.
            Jon

Comment

I got a Neato for Christmas so I'll be starting on a plug-in very soon ...
              Nicolai L

Comment

did anyone ever make a plug in for this. thx

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  I was just looking at the new Neato D5 Connected on the weekend
                  I have been going back and forth between it and the Roomba 880

Go for the D5 Blade!!

Comment

There is a new Neato model now, the Botvac D7 Connected.

The specc list says:
                    "Extensive Smart Home Support" - Control the D7 with the Neato app, Alexa, IFTTT or Google Home.

So i guess IFTTT is the easy way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Elmstrom View Post
                      So i guess IFTTT is the easy way to go.
                      I was planning on getting the new D7 connected for Christmas. Unfortunately it is not available yet. But I will get one as soon as I can. And I will look into creating a PlugIn as well.

Let me know if there is interest for such a PlugIn. And what features you are looking for. If all goes well, it should work for all connected models.
                      stefxx

Comment

Comment

Any plugins in the works yet for the Neato Botvac Connected series?

Comment

I am still planning on creating one. Just received my D7 last week. Now only if I have more time...

And, I am having issues with the OAuth2 implementation. If anyone has a working VB.net example for OAuth2 that would be very helpful.

In the meantime, IFTTT works pretty good. Unfortunately IFTTT only supports basic commands, and don't support any feedback on current status of the Neato.
                            stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                              I am still planning on creating one. Just received my D7 last week. Now only if I have more time...
                              Yay!

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                              And, I am having issues with the OAuth2 implementation. If anyone has a working VB.net example for OAuth2 that would be very helpful.
                              OAuth2 and OAuth2 can be several different things. However, I use OAuth2 with Fibit, I'll see if I have anything you can use.

Comment

Working...
                              X