Jowihue crashing latest version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jowihue crashing latest version

I have just updated to the latest version of Jowihue and it is crashing every few minutes with this error;
    roblem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: hspi_jowihue.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.1.2.8
    Problem Signature 03: 588f8978
    Problem Signature 04: HSPI_JowiHue
    Problem Signature 05: 1.1.2.8
    Problem Signature 06: 588f8978
    Problem Signature 07: cc
    Problem Signature 08: 1
    Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

It has always been a little crash happy, often when exiting homeseer or randomly find it crashed when I log on, none o fthe other modules appear to crash.

However this happens as soon as homeseer starts and if I close it then it appears again within 1-2 minutes.

Trevor,

Sorry to see this happening, aside with the memory issue you are seeing.
    It would be very helpful if you would be able to provide me a trace of the plugin starting. I hope that you would be able to reach the config page before the plugin crashes? Then follow these steps:
    • On the configuration page of the plugin enable deeptrace en trace to file options
    • Stop the plugin and restart it, so I will hav a trace from the start
    • let the plugin run for a while until it crashes.
    • get the JowiHue.log from the logs subdirectory under the HS3 installation folder
    • Please zip this log and send it to me (w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl)

If you are not able to reach the configuration page, please sent me the JowiHue database you have to the above address, so I can return it with the correct options set? You can find the database in the \Data\JowiHue.directory.

Once you have send the log to me, please restore the old version of the plugin from a backup?

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,

Something I didn't mention, the memory and processor issue seems to have stopped, however that may of course be because the process is crashing.

I'll get those logs today.

Comment

Update,

It is definitely the HA Bridge causing the crashing. This was running on the same server as Homeseer. If I stop it running Jowihue stops crashing, the memory leak remains, however CPU use looks OK now.

I am going to move the HA-Bridge to a different VM and see if it local presence that caused the issue or network presence.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor-austin View Post
          Update,

It is definitely the HA Bridge causing the crashing. This was running on the same server as Homeseer. If I stop it running Jowihue stops crashing, the memory leak remains, however CPU use looks OK now.

I am going to move the HA-Bridge to a different VM and see if it local presence that caused the issue or network presence.
          Trevor,

Before you do this, could you try to produce the trace, so I can check how it is starting? This would help me removing the cause.

Thanks,

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

yes will do

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Trevor,

Sorry to see this happening, aside with the memory issue you are seeing.
              It would be very helpful if you would be able to provide me a trace of the plugin starting. I hope that you would be able to reach the config page before the plugin crashes? Then follow these steps:
              • On the configuration page of the plugin enable deeptrace en trace to file options
              • Stop the plugin and restart it, so I will hav a trace from the start
              • let the plugin run for a while until it crashes.
              • get the JowiHue.log from the logs subdirectory under the HS3 installation folder
              • Please zip this log and send it to me (w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl)

If you are not able to reach the configuration page, please sent me the JowiHue database you have to the above address, so I can return it with the correct options set? You can find the database in the \Data\JowiHue.directory.

Once you have send the log to me, please restore the old version of the plugin from a backup?

Thanks,

Wim
              Just sent, it literally runs for a few seconds before crashing.

If I stop the HA bridge it does run for a lot longer.

However it does still crash and it still gets to 25% CPU use and constantly uses more memory.

Comment

Update.

I have moved the installation to a windows 10 virtual PC.

It seems much more stable, not a single crash in 2 hours, which is something of a record.

However CPU is still pinned approx 25% and ram 157Mb and growing.

Comment

Trevor,

Did you ever receive my reply to the log file you send me on my private address? I am still hoping for a update log file with the CPU issue

Would love to find out what is causing this

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    Trevor,

Did you ever receive my reply to the log file you send me on my private address? I am still hoping for a update log file with the CPU issue

Would love to find out what is causing this

Wim
                    Hi and sorry, I did I've been busy with loads of other things, including my neighbour crashing into my 20 hour old new car

However I will run the trace today, currently after 7 days it is running at 27.5% CPU use and 1.6GB ram!!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Latest trace emailed to your private address as requested. Approx 24 hours with memory growth to nearly 600Mb

Comment

Trevor,

Any news after removing rules from the bridge?

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

Sadly not, this is the first time I've checked it since and currently on 25.9% CPU and 1441Mb ram.

Is another trace worth it or should I just reset the hub back to factory and start again?

Comment

Trevor,

I am afraid a new trace would still show the same result, the bridge being slow. It can be caused by a mix of rules biting each other, it could be caused by a schedule that keeps activating. Or there might be situations I cannot guess from here.

I am afraid your best option is indeed to perform a reset of the bridge. This will make sure we are looking a a clean start
                            Best way to do this is by stopping the plugin before doing the reset.
                            Join the lights back to the bridge with the philips hue app, without running the plugin.
                            Then, delete the bridge device (nothing else!) and start the plugin. It will ask you to register the bridge and will reconnect the lights.

It is a pain, but the bridge should come out of its loop then?

I am on travel now, so it might take some time for me to respond, but keep me posted?

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

Hope you had a good trip.

Just to let you know I have had to give up on Jowihue, even after wiping my hub and all lights and switches and starting all over again I still get exactly the same problem, very high CPU usage, and constantly growing memory usage meaning I need to reboot the whole system after 48 hours or less.

I have disabled the plugin and tried jon00 unmanaged plug in and although much harder to use and less complete it is working fine and my whole Hue system is much more responsive in and out of HS3. An odd one and a shame we didn't get it fixed but I guess these things happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X