Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triggered scenes affecting all rooms. How to be room specific?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggered scenes affecting all rooms. How to be room specific?

I have a simple 2 room Hue setup. I am triggering scenes in one room. The scenes I am using are the stock scenes in the Hue app. I have named them uniquely though. Like Read Den as example. My issue is when I trigger the scenes the lights in my other room, my Bedroom come on in their last state. I dont want them to come on at all.

I have not been able to figure out why Jowihue turns on lights off.

I have gone into the Bridge Maintenance menu, Scenes and deleted all but my Den scenes. No change. I have given the Den scenes unique names like Reading Den to make sure they were not common to the bedroom scenes.

I am at a loss as to how to get Jowihue to be room specific when triggering a scene and turning on Hue lights

Bob,

So am I. I would expect the scene on the bridge to only control the lights that are used by the scene. I have not tested the bridge scenes coming from the Hue app for a long time, as I am no longer using the Hue app.

Could you do a test for me? Activate the Hue app scene (make sure all other lights are off) and then go to the creativity page of the plugin. (*) Choose to copy all current light settings. The plugin will then copy all lights that are on and will save their setting for future use. Check this new scene and remove all references to lights that are not needed in the scene.
    Once you have done this, change the event you are using to use the new created scene from the plugin.

Does it work correct then?

Thanks,

Wim

(*) In case you have not yet used the plugin's scenes, you might have to go to presets tab first and generate the demo set as the scenes tab has an issue with creating the first scene. By creating the demo set you can add new scenes to the scenes tab (and remove the demo later if you want)
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,

Sorry for the late response. Tried what you suggested using the Creativity function. This does work normally. The problem definitely lies in the importing of the scenes from the Hue app. For me the Hue app is easier to use to create scenes than Jowihue. I can easily see and set colors and intensities when I am in the room. Be great if I could accurately import these scenes or at least edit them to use them.

Thanks again for the help.

Bob

Comment

Wim

Quick question. How do I delte the unused scenes that come up within the Set Scene list. I now have a very long list of scenes imported from the Hue app as well as those created by the plugin. Want to clean this up.

Thanks

Bob

Comment

Bob,

Sorry for my late answer. Deleting scenes has to be done by the app owning the scene. The plugin cannot see what anothe app is doing with the scene and might mess things up for other apps. so I think you need to check if the owning app can remove those scenes?

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
          X