Plugin looses the bridge evry few days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin looses the bridge evry few days

Starting to have some challenges with the bridge. Below is the log from Monday when it seemed to just stop talking to the bridge. I restarted the computer which seems to fix for a while then it slowly stops working again. I have the IP of the bridge reserved so it shouldn't be randomly changing. This log goes on for hours, I just copied a small snip for this question to illustrate what is going on.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

May-01 11:41:21 PM JowiHue Warning: There was an issue reaching the bridge, will be retrying
    May-01 11:29:57 PM JowiHue Warning: IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx reachable, known as ip address for a bridge, but is no longer recognised as bridge....
    May-01 10:59:49 PM JowiHue Warning: IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx reachable, known as ip address for a bridge, but is no longer recognised as bridge....
    May-01 10:41:21 PM JowiHue Warning: There was an issue reaching the bridge, will be retrying
    May-01 10:29:42 PM JowiHue Warning: IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx reachable, known as ip address for a bridge, but is no longer recognised as bridge....
    May-01 10:16:09 PM JowiHue Warning: There was an issue reaching the bridge, will be retrying
    May-01 9:59:34 PM JowiHue Warning: IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx reachable, known as ip address for a bridge, but is no longer recognised as bridge....
    May-01 9:41:21 PM JowiHue Warning: There was an issue reaching the bridge, will be retrying
    May-01 9:29:26 PM JowiHue Warning: IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx reachable, known as ip address for a bridge, but is no longer recognised as bridge....
    May-01 8:59:18 PM JowiHue Warning: IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx reachable, known as ip address for a bridge, but is no longer recognised as bridge....
    May-01 8:41:21 PM JowiHue Warning: There was an issue reaching the bridge, will be retrying
    May-01 8:29:11 PM JowiHue Warning: IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx reachable, known as ip address for a bridge, but is no longer recognised as bridge....
    May-01 8:12:15 PM JowiHue Warning: There was an issue reaching the bridge, will be retrying
    May-01 8:12:08 PM JowiHue Warning: There was an issue reaching the bridge, will be retrying
    May-01 7:59:03 PM JowiHue Warning: IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx reachable, known as ip address for a bridge, but is no longer recognised as bridge....

Same here, sometime the bridge is marked as unreachable, sometime it's not possible to access the Creativity configuration tab and often the events do not run.

Comment

The bridge is UP and I am able to control everything from the HUE iOS app with no lag whatsoever so it's definitely an issue with the plugin.

May-05 08:40:41 JowiHue Debug: (Bridgescan) End search for bridges
      May-05 08:40:35 JowiHue Debug: (BridgeCheckIP) IP address 192.168.30.20 not responding: The operation has timed out.
      May-05 08:40:32 JowiHue Warning: Bridge 625 Janson is slow in responding. JowiHue temporary changed Refreshrate to 30 seconds for this bridge
      May-05 08:40:11 JowiHue Debug: (Bridgescan) Start Scan for bridges 5/5/2017 8:40:11 AM
      May-05 08:40:04 JowiHue Debug: (MainWatchTimer) Checking plugin health 5/5/2017 8:40:04 AM

Comment

I think mine was related to when I would use my computer for high powered things like video encoding. Looked at my log and almost all of my plugins went haywire right around when the extremely high resource processes went underway. Going to try moving my install to a dedicated computer and see if we have any issues pop up. I restarted my computer after encoding and it seems to be solid since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

On my side there is nothing else than my hue bridge that doesn't work correctly. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the plugin and now I don't even have the possibility to start a scan for a new bridge... See screen shoot.
          Jowiehue 1.1.2.8
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318 (Windows)
          Current load : 13%
          Attached Files

Comment

How can we completely remove the plugin and the associated configs files?

Comment

same here

I have the same problems and after installing the 3.0.0.318 update of homeseer.
              Also my 1wireplugin can't connect to my onewire network device any more.

Comment

virusscanner software

My avast scanner is the problem. When deactived it works again!

Comment

All,

Sorry for my late response on this issue.

jpsavaria; you seem to still have an issue with the bridge?
                  Can you try and do a ping to the bridge from the HS3 machine? Is it still responding in time? Or are there delays?

If ping is working fine, then check going to http://www.meethue.com/api/nupnp on the Homeseer machine. Does the reply show the IP address of the bridge?

Another possibility might be that the JowiHue plugin is blocked by the local firewall (Not likely as it worked correct before?) Maybe you can check the firewall settings to see if the plugin is allowed on the network?

Thanks,

Wim
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi,
                    Nothing in the output from the HS machine but if I run it from another machine it replies with the IP and an id for the bridge.
                    No firewall on the HS machine but maybe the AV can block it after an update?
                    I am going to check that right away!

Comment

pklijnjan : Do you have AVG antivirus installed?

Comment

jpsavaria

He has the AVAST virus scanner, which is different from AVG.
                        Did you test the http://www.meethue.com/api/nupnp and was that not working? This is then not antivirus dependand, but network related.

Is the homeseer machine having a different configuration then the other machines, regarding network?
                        Is this a windows or a Linux machine?
                        Is it having a special config on your router maybe? (excluded for outside connections or something like that)
                        Are you using different subnets inside your network? (it needs to be on the same subnet as the Philips bridge)
                        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hi,
                          I tried going to http://www.meethue.com/api/nupnp from the HS machine and there is no IP or ID in the result window so there is an issue for sure with the machine.

Same subnet as Philips hue bridge (I have only one subnet at home), no windows firewall (turned off) Network discovery ON for UpNP in windows settings.

Windows 7 machine on a ESX 6.0 server...

When I try from another machine to go to http://www.meethue.com/api/nupnp I have the IP of the bridge in the result windows as well as an ID.

Funny thing is that it stops working right after HS3 upgrade to 3.0.0.318 but seeing the output of the http://www.meethue.com/api/nupnp I know it's probably not the upgrade but something else on the machine.

Comment

jpsavaria,

Did you find a aolution yet to this issue? I was going through som old notes today and that remembered me that whan you use a virtual machine it can be important to check the config of the virtual network cards.
                            You can configure those cards in several ways, depending on your needs. When you need the UPNP to work, it is important to not configure the virtual network card to us NATted networks, but expose the card directly to your local network, on the same level as your fysical card.... Could this be causing the issue for you?

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

Yes it's fixed, I had to reinstall a new VM with Windows 10, reinstall HS and restore the HS backup... Found the bridge the first time... Was probably the VM but everything else was working even Airplay from the VM to an Apple Express device. Anyways it's good at least the upgrade from Win7 to Win10 I wanted to do since a year is done!

All really good pointers you gave me, I end up reinstalling but using the same vNIC same vSwitch same everything on the ESX side.

Thanks again, really good support!

Comment

Working...
                              X