Z-Wave delay and latency issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave delay and latency issues

Since we kinda hijacked Mark's Z-Seer thread talking about delay issues with Z-Wave devices, plug-ins, etc. I am starting this new thread. One of the Moderators will move the posts from that thread to this one.

If you have anything to add regarding unusual latency or delays in Z-Wave devices please do so.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

I just had a bunch of problems with my own. In the past this was typically traced back to a faulty device (I've had 3 over the years) that had stopped responding.

Most recently I suspect something got screwy with one of the upgrades I've done as when checking my Zwave Node Information screen I saw that hundreds (literally) of devices had their individual sub devices set with polling times around 20m give or take seconds/minutes. I never set that so no idea how it got that way, sure took a long time to individually removing the polling.

Comment

sorry didn't read the previous thread, but looks like you got hit with the exact same thing as me.

don't need to disable polling at the zwave level, just unfortunately go through the zwave tab on each device and set polling time to 0.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmerNZ View Post
        sorry didn't read the previous thread, but looks like you got hit with the exact same thing as me.

don't need to disable polling at the zwave level, just unfortunately go through the zwave tab on each device and set polling time to 0.
        We aren't disabling polling permanently, we are just trying to figure out the cause of the delays.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

If you haven't already go to Plugins -> Z-Wave -> Node Information and scan through the list and check the bulk of the Child Devices haven't been set to Poll every ~20 mins.

I'm not talking about polling of the parent device, I've noticed it in the child devices.

Comment

I have to say that, since I went to .126 on the Z-Wave PI, my latency issues completely disappeared. All areas are back to the same instant light activations from my sensors. I did have to go in and fix a bunch of crap that I screwed up trying to troubleshoot the last few days, but the revised PI has been working very well.

I normally disable polling by default. I do have about 6 or 7 devices that upon rescanning have meter class issues (mostly Aeon ZW096As and a couple of Enerwave ZW15SM switches) that will probably need to be removed and re-added but I can't say that I didn't have the problems with these before all this started.

Comment

Working...
            X