Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPI_Zwave has stopped working

Hi,

I get this error lately and would need your help on figuring out the cause.
    I run HS3Pro with a Z-Stick Gen5 by Aeon on a dedicated vmware Win7 machine- nothing else runs on it - no antivirus.

There are no other peripherals connected to USB on the esxi server - so the stick should have enough power.

This is the screenshot from the windows screen.
    Any ideas what to do?
    Thanks.
    Log:
    Jun-11 11:25:38 PM Warning Plugin Z-Wave is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Jun-11 11:20:08 PM Warning Plugin Z-Wave is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Jun-11 11:14:43 PM Z-Wave Warning Z stick Gen5: Cannot configure COM port COM4, will attempt an open.
    Jun-11 11:14:43 PM Z-Wave Warning Z stick Gen5: Exception(1) with COM port (COM4): A device attached to the system is not functioning.
    Attached Files

My initial guess would be a COM port configuration error. In your VMWare host, is the correct COM port configured in the device settings for your virtual machine? I used to see frequent problems like this when I was running a Aeon Smart Stick. Mine would arbitrarily decide it was a different COM port, and I would lose all connectivity with it.

Comment

Settings are correct- it is the single COM port on the machine, so it does not change.
      I noticed that the USB Root HUB in device manager has checked the "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

I unchecked it and so far so good.

P.S. MS installed some updates over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
      X