Naming groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naming groups

Great plugin and it has been very reliable for me. I noticed it now has an option to adjust CT/hue without powering on bulbs. Nice! One issue is with naming groups. In the configuration section the groups are named based on the device name. I actually use the room field to contain the actual room (same with floor). So for any list (other than selecting an action with JowieHue) I see an easy to decipher arrangement like: Floor 1 Kitchen Lights, Floor 1 Bathroom 1 Lights. However JowieHue leaves off the floor and room, so when selecting groups within that plugin all the groups are simply called Lights. To be able to identify them I have to change the device name to include the room description so I end up with lists that look like: Floor 1 Kitchen Kitchen Lights, Floor 1 Bathroom 1 Bathroom 1 Lights etc. The only way around this would be for JowieHue to include Floor and Room in front of the device name. Hopefully this makes sense. What does everyone else do for naming?

I am using floor and room as you are. I also have groups with a device name of "bedroom lights", but I left the floor and room as "JowiHue". This is not ideal either, as the groups don't sort in with the other devices. But I have most of my lights automated, so I don't normally access the devices except for configuration.

Comment

Sprange,

Sorry for my late reply. I think I understand what you want. I will check if that is possible in the plugin. If it is possible, it will take some time to implement it as it won't be an easy change I expect.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Sprange,

I have changed the plugin to dispay location info when jowiHue actions are selected in the events. I hope this is what you wanted?
        It will become available in the next version, wich should be released in one or two weeks from now

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X