Custom icons on iPhone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom icons on iPhone?

Will the custom icons created via this plugin show up just n the PC browser (i.e. http://hometroller) or will they also be visible in HSTouch app on the iPhone, replacing default icons?

They should show up in HSTouch but I am not sure about the iPhone. I have never used the iphone app for homeseer
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      They should show up in HSTouch but I am not sure about the iPhone. I have never used the iphone app for homeseer
      Anyone out there uses this plugin and an iPhone or Android app?

Comment

I don't use any HomeSeer icons on my IPhone but I tried one just to see if it works. It does and the icon showed up just fine, though a bit large on that tiny screen but can be resized.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
          I don't use any HomeSeer icons on my IPhone but I tried one just to see if it works. It does and the icon showed up just fine, though a bit large on that tiny screen but can be resized.
          Thanks a lot! When you said you tried it on the iPhone, do you mean in the HSTouch app? You changed the icons in the HSPro via this plug-in, and they changed in the HSTouch app? Or did you simply access your system via browser on the iPhone?
          Thanks again!

Comment

I already use BLIcon so all I did was go into the designer and change one of my devices to show the icon instead of a value, deploy and see what came up on the IPhone screen. I got the icon so went back to my normal graphic. The Icon I use in a browser window showed fine on the IPhone.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

I already use BLIcon so all I did was go into the designer and change one of my devices to show the icon instead of a value, deploy and see what came up on the IPhone screen. I got the icon so went back to my normal graphic. The Icon I use in a browser window showed fine on the IPhone.
              So, if I am understanding this correctly, if all I am looking for is custom device icons in HSTouch on my iPhone, I can achieve this via any image by using s designer? I don't need to use BLIcon, since changes made by this plug-in are reflected in HSpro and not in HStouch iPhone app?

Comment

The plug-in makes it easy to have custom icons in HomeSeer. They do work on the Iphone client as well. That being said....

You can use any graphic you want in HSTouch. The beauty of BLIcon has more to do with a very easy way to get custom icons on the HS web pages and by extension on HSTouch clients. Any graphic you use in HSTouch of course will not been seen except on HSTouch screens. These days I pretty much only use the web pages for maintenance. Years ago I was also using them as a way of operating HomeSeer manually if needed and for status screens. Now that's taken care either automatically (since this is home automation) or manually if needed via a HSTouch screen.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

I looked into designer settings for specific screens and could not figure out how to change the icon for just one specific device, For example, the on/off screen is used by many devices. If I wanted to change the icon for each of those devices to reflect device type, how would I do that?

Comment

When you add a device to be controlled in HSTouch you need to tell it what to use, status text, status image, or value. choose "status image" and it'll show on the screen like the pic below. Then you set it up to be used as to control, like the other pic.

The particular device I am using for this was changed from the standard light bulb via BLIcon.

This may depend on what Iphone template you use, I think one of the templates is hard-coded so if you change one you change them all but I can't say I looked it it so i can't say for sure. If that's the case your off to roll your own HST screens so they look like you want them to.
                    Attached Files
                    Marty
                    ------

Comment

When you add a device to be controlled in HSTouch you need to tell it what to use, status text, status image, or value. choose "status image" and it'll show on the screen like the pic below. Then you set it up to be used as to control, like the other pic.

The particular device I am using for this was changed from the standard light bulb via BLIcon.

This may depend on what Iphone template you use, I think one of the templates is hard-coded so if you change one you change them all but I can't say I looked it it so i can't say for sure. If that's the case your off to roll your own HST screens so they look like you want them to.
                      Thank you. I will try it and see if I can make it work

Comment

Working...
                      X