Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS & HomeTroller locking up with CurrentCost EnviR cable.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS & HomeTroller locking up with CurrentCost EnviR cable.

So I got a Current Cost EnviR energy monitor a few months ago and it works good. I downloaded the plug-in and installed the driver on my HomeTroller a couple weeks ago and was having weird intermittent problems with it. Basically I can't log energy info. The Device Manager sees the usb to serial cable and says its working. I also have the right COM port selected on the plug-in.
    I then upgraded to HS 2.5.0.80 and no change so I unplugged the usb to serial cable and left it hanging.

Last week I was in the HomeTroller closet and decided to plug the prolific cable back in the usb to see if any info would be logged (it didn't). Later I was trying to access the HS web interface and it was not available and I also noticed none of my exterior lights were on like they usually are, as they are triggered by events.
    I checked to see if the HomeTroller was on and it was. I tried logging in using RealVNC and it wasn't working, so I pushed the button on the front of the HT to turn it off and then turned it on again. I also unplugged the usb to serial cable and left it hanging again. Everything was working normally on HS and the HomeTroller.

Than this past Friday I plugged the usb to serial cable back in. Later I tried connecting to HSTouch and using the web interface and again it was not available, yet the HT was on. I restarted the HT and everything was fine for a little while and I went through this process until late last night when I finally unplugged the usb to serial cable and now everything is normal again.

When you plug the cable in what shows on the screen? Any prompts? Any errors in the HomeSeer.log file?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      When you plug the cable in what shows on the screen? Any prompts? Any errors in the HomeSeer.log file?
      This is what it says when I enable the plug-in. It doesn't say anything when I plug in the usb or unplug it.

4/29/2013 8:21:33 PM Current Cost Warning - Current Cost port failed to open - data is not being logged.

I'm going to leave the usb plugged in with the plug-in disabled and see if it happens again.

Comment

Well after forgetting about using the Current Cost plug-in for awhile I decided that I would really like to use it for what it can do. After all I purchased the EnviR to use with HS.
        So today I enabled the plug-in again and checked that the COM port was correct in the device manager. I actually never unplugged the serial usb from the HomeTroller for the last 2 months, so that stayed connected.

A few hours after enabling it I noticed my events were not running. I tried opening the web UI and also RealVNC and both could not access HS or the HT.

I went to the HomeTroller closet and pushed the power button and the HT immediately, within 1 second shut down. I powered the HT back up and disabled the plug-in. Looks like the HT locked up again. Any input?

Comment

Working...
        X