weatherXML Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
    I have been setting up various Weather Speak items and playing with them. I don't want to delete them so I have been setting the speak client to NONE or something else so it does not speak.

It would be nice to have an Active check box in the last column where you have the Speak Text buttons (or on/off button).
    If you have an event set to speak a device, set the event to disabled.
    Since these are HS devices, even if I added an active checkbox it wouldn't keep the event from setting the device value to speak.

Wouldn't that do what you are wanting?
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

It does, Jeff.
      HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

When will rain/snow arrive and how long

Weather Underground now seems to have on the phone app at least how long it will be raining at your location, I assume it will include snow.

So the phrase is "It will be raining for the next several hours"

I wonder if that is exposed in their API, it would be great to have a field for that.

And how to we Donate money for this plugin, it is by far one of my most used.

Comment

Originally posted by crhodes View Post
          Weather Underground now seems to have on the phone app at least how long it will be raining at your location, I assume it will include snow.

So the phrase is "It will be raining for the next several hours"

I wonder if that is exposed in their API, it would be great to have a field for that.

And how to we Donate money for this plugin, it is by far one of my most used.

I checked the xml file and (at least in my location) there is no string for snow or rain. It is just the values.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for checking!

Thank you for checking, the hyperlocal aspect of these services is going to be very interesting to watch. Also thanks for adding the error checking for the XML files very useful!

Comment

Jeff, a couple of suggestions that would make the alerts more useful when executing a script from a trigger. It seems that the global variables do not get set until after the trigger occurs which results in a warning and stale information when being retrieved.

It would be beneficial if the replacement variables in the trigger section could be passed as parameters to the script/procedure.

Thanks,
              -Ron

Comment

I've added your request to my list of bug fixes.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hi Jeff - I'd like to move to using the HSTouch devices exclusively, as you have a lot of nice features there that make it configurable & user friendly for use in both HS3 and HSTouch. Could you add the icons to the HSTouch devices, like you do for the WeatherXML devices?

See example below comparing WeatherXML on the left, HSTouch on the right. I'd like, for example, the "Up arrow" graphic with the "Barometer Direction" and the "Barometer", the Thermometer icon with the "Feels Like", etc.

When you add a device to the HSTouch screen, you select one of three options to display. Let's use "Barometer" in this example:
                  1. "Use Status Text", displays 29.53 inHg (includes prefix & suffix text)
                  2. "Use Status Image" (This is what I'd like added - in this example, it would show the barometer direction "rising arrow").
                  3. "Use Value", displays 29.53
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think for Barometer Direction, it would be better to add the image to the Barometer Direction device instead of the image on the Barometer value device.

That way I can add the 3 images to the status graphics of the device and then just set the device value for which image should be displayed.

When I get some time, I'll look at the other images and see where I can fit them in.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

In the next release, the HSTouch devices for Barometer Direction and Wind Direction will have the images added to the Status Value Graphics.
                      When the Conditions and Forecast schedule run, the device will be set to the correct value and image.

I have also resized the Barometer Direction and Wind Direction images to 200 by 200 and converted them to png.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Decimal for UV Index

Hello,
                        I have been trying to figure out what controls the number of decimal places for the UV Index. I'm guessing it's tied into the same setting for temperatures. Is there any way to give it it's own setting? I'd like to see temps display XX.X and UV Index as XX At the moment the temp and UV Index match.
                        Thank you for considering
                        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                        Plugin's:
                        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                          Hello,
                          I have been trying to figure out what controls the number of decimal places for the UV Index. I'm guessing it's tied into the same setting for temperatures. Is there any way to give it it's own setting? I'd like to see temps display XX.X and UV Index as XX At the moment the temp and UV Index match.
                          Thank you for considering

Actually, there isn't currently a control for the decimal places for the UV. You get the value directly as it is in the xml file.
                          I'll add an item to my to do list, to add the request.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                            Actually, there isn't currently a control for the decimal places for the UV. You get the value directly as it is in the xml file.
                            I'll add an item to my to do list, to add the request.

Thank you, very kind of you!

Since I've installed it a couple weeks ago, I've noticed that the UV index doesn't seem to match what the WU site says for the weather station I selected (KCASANMA94). For example, it's the middle of the day here now and the UV index in WeatherXML is showing 1 and the WU station shows 4.
                            By the way, I've really been appreciating the plugin, thank you so much!
                            Nathan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Plugin's:

Comment

Weather.com data

Hello Jeff,
                              Is there anyway for WeatherXML to pull in weather.com data? The personal weather stations around our house have been really consistent.
                              Plugin's:

Comment

WeatherXML as a condition

Hello,
                                I have recently created a event that I've used WeatherXML triggers as a condition and the only concern that I have with it is the wording shows "when updated". I could see how this would work fine as a trigger but when it's a condition in an event, is there a value that HS can use to evaluate when the event is triggered? If not, I guess the alternative would be to use the forecast high for today instead but I thought I'd ask in case this could be a feature request to add some conditions. In the event below I'm also using EasyTrigger for the schedule of our HVAC system.

Here is my event:

IF The time enters HVAC_OfficeOn time range
                                AND IF Today's high in Carlsbad is above 77 when updated.

Thank you!
                                Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                                X