Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Index Outside the Bounds of the Array Errors

Hi Jeff,

I was wondering if you could please help me debug an error that I'm receiving today (please see log file attachment). It's a problem with the index being outside the bounds of the array. I don't believe I was encountering this error yesterday. I upgraded to version 34 today in the hopes it would cure the error, but the error persists.

Please let me know if you need any additional information and thanks for any help you can provide!!!
    Attached Files

I'll try to figure this out this weekend.

Last weekend was pretty busy.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Are you still getting this error?

I have been pretty busy this past month and forgot about this.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Index Outside the Bounds of the Array Error Continues

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
        Are you still getting this error?

I have been pretty busy this past month and forgot about this.
        Don't worry about it, I too haven't had much time to deal with this lately either (but thanks for checking back!).

Yeah, I've got a couple issues now:

1) I am still getting an index error on many of the weatherXML settings pages (e.g., as in "Locations Settings Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array."). I get this type of error on the 'Locations', 'Database', 'Advanced' and 'ReplaceVars' pages (please see attached).

2) Perhaps a more fundamental problem. My HomeSeer log doesn't appear to exist any more? When I try to check the log (via 'View', then 'Log') all I get is the word 'error'. I have NO idea what might have happened to the log file or why that started happening. I don't see a 'HomeSeer.log' file in the HS3 folder either. Please excuse my ignorance, only been using HS3 for about a year now.

Unfortunately, due to the missing log file, I can't provide any other details at this time.

Any suggestions/help you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I'm using version 35 of weatherXML now.

P.P.S. Just happened to notice that all of my weatherXML-related events have the following error string in the 'Then' statements too:

Exception in Plug-In(weatherXML)/Format UI: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Hozer; August 11, 2015, 09:22 PM. Reason: Added postscripts

Comment

Originally posted by Hozer View Post
          Don't worry about it, I too haven't had much time to deal with this lately either (but thanks for checking back!).

Yeah, I've got a couple issues now:

1) I am still getting an index error on many of the weatherXML settings pages (e.g., as in "Locations Settings Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array."). I get this type of error on the 'Locations', 'Database', 'Advanced' and 'ReplaceVars' pages (please see attached).

2) Perhaps a more fundamental problem. My HomeSeer log doesn't appear to exist any more? When I try to check the log (via 'View', then 'Log') all I get is the word 'error'. I have NO idea what might have happened to the log file or why that started happening. I don't see a 'HomeSeer.log' file in the HS3 folder either. Please excuse my ignorance, only been using HS3 for about a year now.

Unfortunately, due to the missing log file, I can't provide any other details at this time.

Any suggestions/help you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I'm using version 35 of weatherXML now.

P.P.S. Just happened to notice that all of my weatherXML-related events have the following error string in the 'Then' statements too:

Exception in Plug-In(weatherXML)/Format UI: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
          UPDATE:

1) Tried unistalling/reinstalling the WeatherXML plugin, to no avail. Not sure that this deleted the data files where I think the problem lies (i.e., a value is out of sync and therefore the number of values it's attempting to store is too large for the array that was created to house them). That will be my next step.

2) Per a Bugzilla report, I shut down HS3 and deleted all of the log (.hsd) files in the HS3 'Log' folder. That cured my log error and restored my log database to operable condition. I assume that this forced HS to create a fresh log file/database instance.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Hozer; August 21, 2015, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Send me your weatherinfo.ini. It will be in the HS3/config/weatherXMl directory.
            Please don't post it as it will have your API keys.

Email it to jeff at myautomatedhome.net
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hi Jeff,

My weather xml plugin has the same behaviour as Hozer's.

What's the reason for this issue ?

Regards,
              Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
                Hi Jeff,

My weather xml plugin has the same behaviour as Hozer's.

What's the reason for this issue ?

Regards,
                Fischi
                Are you running on a Linux server? For some reason some users are losing most of the settings in the ini file.
                You can send me your ini file as well and I will take a look.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hi Jeff,
                  a
                  I'm running HS3 (3.0.0.163 !) on win7 professional.

Regards,
                  Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
                    Hi Jeff,
                    a
                    I'm running HS3 (3.0.0.163 !) on win7 professional.

Regards,
                    Fischi
                    I need the ini file.
                    Look in the HomeSeer HS3/config/weatherXML folder for a file named weatherInfo.ini.

Send that file to me.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I am having the same issue. Was running 152 with the error, and upgraded tonight to 205 and still getting

Locations Settings Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array

Any idea what's up? Or how to resolve it? I've tried an uninstall and reinstall, but that didn't make any difference.

G

Comment

Set the logging level to debug.
                        Run the current conditions from the schedules page.
                        Grab the log entries and email them to me.
                        Send the HomeSeer HS3/config/weatherxml/weatherInfo.ini file as well.
                        Set you logging level back to errors.

Email jeff at myautomatedhome dot net
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I am having the same issue. I looked at the ini file and while it is 14KBytes there is nothing in it but tons of white spaces, or at least that is what it looks like in notepad. I renamed it but then when I try to go to the weatherxml plugin configuration page it shows "error" and otherwise a blank page.

Comment

Do you have backups of the ini files?
                            Can you post the exact message of the error you are getting?
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

CFGuy, thanks for the prompt response. I don't have a copy of the error message but it was the same as the initial message said, i.e. "Index Outside the Bounds of the Array Errors". I ended up uninstalling the plugin, deleting the WeatherXML folder, reinstalling WeatherXML, restarting HS and then entering the data again (I happened to have some documentation what I entered before so this task was relatively quick). I am up and running again now.

Comment

Working...
                              X