This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    Good question. Does the switch version have a led light?
    The WS100 does have a single LED on the lower right. It can also be configured in the Devices screen as to when it turns on. By default the LED turns on when the switch is off, and off when the switch is on.

On another note, I'm still seeing the problem with one of my two WS100s where when you turn it on by pressing the top of the paddle it turns on for about 50ms then off for about 500ms and then on and stays on. To troubleshoot I powered down the Zee S2 controller. After powering down the first time I tapped the top of the paddle it still turned on/off/on, but every subsequent time I turned it on it worked normally, just turned on and stayed on. When I powered the Zee S2 up again the problem returned. I repeated this two more times, same results where the first time after power down the on/off/on defect happened, then cleared for all subsequent times I tapped the top of the paddle.

Homeseer replied to my ticket that they observed this problem on some of the switches in their office but it cleared on its own. I offered to work with them to further troubleshoot. I also just ordered 10 more WS100s and 20 WD100s for the rest of the house, we'll see how they pan out.

John

Comment

Yes, there is a setting to swap the LED, so it can be ON if the switch is OFF, or ON if the switch is ON. See attched pic of the available settings for the switch.

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
      Good question. Does the switch version have a led light?
      Attached Files
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Can you update your Z-Wave plugin to the beta ver 3.0.1.71. Let me know if you still see the issue. We are suspecting it might have something to do with our instant status handling.

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
        The WS100 does have a single LED on the lower right. It can also be configured in the Devices screen as to when it turns on. By default the LED turns on when the switch is off, and off when the switch is on.

On another note, I'm still seeing the problem with one of my two WS100s where when you turn it on by pressing the top of the paddle it turns on for about 50ms then off for about 500ms and then on and stays on. To troubleshoot I powered down the Zee S2 controller. After powering down the first time I tapped the top of the paddle it still turned on/off/on, but every subsequent time I turned it on it worked normally, just turned on and stayed on. When I powered the Zee S2 up again the problem returned. I repeated this two more times, same results where the first time after power down the on/off/on defect happened, then cleared for all subsequent times I tapped the top of the paddle.

Homeseer replied to my ticket that they observed this problem on some of the switches in their office but it cleared on its own. I offered to work with them to further troubleshoot. I also just ordered 10 more WS100s and 20 WD100s for the rest of the house, we'll see how they pan out.

John

Comment

John
          That's a big order. Personally I would hold out on giving up the cash until the issue was resolved. I only have the dimmer, but if I had the switch and it was doing that... I would send it back as a defect.

These switches to have the ability to update OTA firmware, but my concern being, it will never get used and current issues with switches (ramp rate, flashing lights) will not get resolved in equipment that is already out to the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Can you update your Z-Wave plugin to the beta ver 3.0.1.71. Let me know if you still see the issue. We are suspecting it might have something to do with our instant status handling.
            Yes, I'll try that tonight when I get home and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
              That's a big order. Personally I would hold out on giving up the cash until the issue was resolved. I only have the dimmer, but if I had the switch and it was doing that... I would send it back as a defect.

These switches to have the ability to update OTA firmware, but my concern being, it will never get used and current issues with switches (ramp rate, flashing lights) will not get resolved in equipment that is already out to the masses.
              I noticed the problem the day after I ordered all the new switches. Hoping a firmware update or Z-Wave plugin update is all I need. I did ask earlier in this thread if they would be publishing firmware updates for existing switch owners but no one replied to that. Hoping they will. There's more of my business available for them to earn if they treat me right.

Comment

We will put out firmware updates as needed to our switches, if that is what you mean. So far, no update is required. If this issue requires a firmware update, you will be offered it.

I noticed the problem the day after I ordered all the new switches. Hoping a firmware update or Z-Wave plugin update is all I need. I did ask earlier in this thread if they would be publishing firmware updates for existing switch owners but no one replied to that. Hoping they will. There's more of my business available for them to earn if they treat me right.

Comment

Updated to 3.0.1.71. Still happens but only about 20% of the time instead of 100% of the time.

Comment

Can you power cycle the switch and see if that changes anything.

Updated to 3.0.1.71. Still happens but only about 20% of the time instead of 100% of the time.

Comment

Looks like its not related to the plugin. Can you go into the Z-Wave settings for the switch and remove the association to HS. This will stop the instant status from working but I want to see if the problem is still there if there is no association.

Yes, I'll try that tonight when I get home and report back.

Comment

Looks like its not related to the plugin. Can you go into the Z-Wave settings for the switch and remove the association to HS. This will stop the instant status from working but I want to see if the problem is still there if there is no association.
                        OK, will try the power cycle and this and report back tonight.

Comment

Removed and restored power, problem remained 100% of the tests. Note the frequency went back up closer to 100% shortly after my last report.

Removed the Homeseer association at the bottom of the Z-Wave tab from the root device for the switch, problem completely cleared for 10 tests turning it on/off. Re-added Homeseer association, problem again observed for 9 out of 10 tests.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                            First of all the switch will create 3 devices and they will look something like this:

So, just create an event where the central scene device value "is set to" (your choice or 2-presses, 3-presses or press & hold).
                            I installed six of the new switches on two different controllers using the Z-Tool+ app and none of them installed the Sceen 001 key pressed device.

Comment

Perhaps it was the Z-Wave plugin after all. I updated it and problem continued for a day. Then I restarted the Zee a day later for something else, and I have only seen the problem once in many tests. Before the plugin update I restarted the Zee a number of times and the problem always came back right away. Continuing to monitor...

Comment

Originally posted by SeaOtter View Post
                                I installed six of the new switches on two different controllers using the Z-Tool+ app and none of them installed the Sceen 001 key pressed device.
                                The bottom device in the image you posted should change to eight different states depending on how you operate the switch - top or bottom, single tap, double tap, triple tap, or press/hold/release. Is it not changing to scene 001 when you tap the top once?

Comment

Working...
                                X