Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing

Everything has been working perfectly for a long time and then yesterday I had problems with this Plugin. I have attached the log. The only thing I did differently yesterday was to install a Arduino Ethernet Board. I am curious as to the IP address the plugin is connecting to (127.0.0.1:5400) as the Hue bridge has a 192.168.1.237
    Attached Files

jquincy,

I don't see a possible cause yet in the log.... The plugin is starting locally to the HS3 server (which is 127.0.0.1), that should be different to the ddress of the bridge, so no concerns there. I am wondering why the plugin is stopping with errors though. Is your database still ok, is what I wondering on.
    Could you stop the plugin for a bit and check if you have an old backup database from a few days ago?
    You can find the database in the Data\Jowihue directory. Backups are placed in the backup directory on the same place... in this directory, do not check the number, but the filedates? If you have an older file, copy it back to the Data\JowiHue directory and rename it to JowiHue.db. Then restart the plugin and see if it is stable again?

Let me know the outcome?

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim

There are 11 files in the Data\JowiHue\Backup. They are all identical in size date and time. They are also identical to the file in Data\JowiHue.. They are all dated yesterday at 6:10pm. When I enable the log I get the message that
      HSPI-JowiHue has stopped working. With options to close it down. Any other thoughts?

Jeff

Comment

Ok, so it keeps restarting to fast and creates another backup.
        Has it been working properly before, for how long?
        Did you change something in HS or the bridge just before this started?

It is hard to set I guess, but I would like to try to get a deep trace from the plugin to see what is happening. Could you send the JowiHue database to me, so I can set the right options to start the trace? I will update the database and send it back to you, so you could try and start the plugin with these options.

Rename the db extension to txt?

Send it to me by email. My address is w.vuyk at upcmail dot nl.

Thanks!

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Send it off thanks

Comment

Jeff,

Did you maybe install the beta of HS3 a few days ago? It caused an issue with the plugin becuase of the use of newtonsoft.json.dll. This is what I find in the logs. Please install the file from this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=189862

And also make sure to install the latest beta of HS3 as many things are resolved there. Let me go how it goes?

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

I renamed the newtonsoft.json.dll file. Now the JowiHUe plugin starts with no errors. I will just wait and see what fails now due to this file being renamed?

Comment

After renaming the newtonsoft.json.dll file which was in the Homeseer main directory. If anyone has the following plugins and their system crashes renaming the newtonsoft.json.dll in the main directory worked for me.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                1.0.0.142: Arduino Plugin
                3.0.0.32: EasyTrigger
                3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                1.1.2.9: JowiHue
                3.0.0.86: LutronCaseta
                0.0.0.34: Pushover 3P
                3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Comment

Jeff,

Good to hear the issue resolved this way. I wonder how the dll came in the installation directory? For now we'll leave it.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

I just went through this problem myself and renaming "Newtonsoft.Json.dll" in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3" folder to "Newtonsoft.Json.dll.original" fixed my problem.

Thank you jquincy and w.vuyk for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by HS14 View Post
                      I just went through this problem myself and renaming "Newtonsoft.Json.dll" in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3" folder to "Newtonsoft.Json.dll.original" fixed my problem.

Thank you jquincy and w.vuyk for your help!
                      HS14,

Based on your earlier queries, it was working originally. Do you have any idea what plugin might have been installed after your queries that might have placed this DLL?

Thanks,

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        Based on your earlier queries, it was working originally. Do you have any idea what plugin might have been installed after your queries that might have placed this DLL?
                        So I realize I have an issue with JowiHue plug-in and Lutron Caseta plug-in playing nice with each other during HomeSeer startup. In order for me to start JowiHue I have to rename "Newtonsoft.Json.dll" to something else but then I have to rename it back in order to get Lutron Caseta plug-in to launch. Kind of worried about this when Windows 10 decides to randomly restart due to updates.

Comment

HS14,

I just installed the lutron plugin here to check of this plugin installs the dll on a wrong place, but it does install the dll in the correct location here. Are you sure you are using the today's version of the Lutron Caseta pugin? maybe an older version used the DLL on the wrong location?

Let me know?
                          -- Wim

Comment

I am using Lutron Caseta plugin version 3.0.0.91 and I just started using HomeSeer in the past week so I may be making rookie mistakes so excuse any n00bie assumptions or mistakes.

To further explain what happens, if I were to shutdown and start HomeSeer again, I would have to rename:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Newtonsoft.Json.dll

to this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Newtonsoft.Json.dll.original

And then JowiHue will launch and Lutron Caseta plugin will already be running perfectly. Everything is up and running.

Now if I shutdown and start HomeSeer up again, JowiHue will startup with no issues. But now Lutron Caseta plugin will not run correctly and I get the following error in the logs:

Unable connect to the SmartBridge1 SSH check the IP address. Error: 192.168.1.4:22....Could not find file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\key2.key'.

*I THINK* the issue is that since Lutron Caseta plugin cannot find
                            C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
                            that it tries to find the key2.key file in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\ folder even though the key2.key is located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\ folder.

Comment

I'm running Caseta plugin 3.0.0.81 along with This Hue plugin and everything works fine. I was on Caseta 3.0.0.86 for a while and had to go back to 3.0.0.81. My guess is it isn't the JowiHue plugin. Check with Don on the Caseta forum

Comment

Working...
                              X