No announcement yet.

In need of perimiter breach detection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not familiar with SH but it looks pretty darned cool.
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      I don't really need to detect motion as much as someone crossing a line.
      I don't think any consumer based applications really detect motion. I suspect that they detect a change in the light/dark pattern of an image that correlates with motion. In that regard, I would doubt that there is much practical difference between crossing a line and motion, although SightHound probably makes that easier to set up. (At least its predecessor - it was called Vitamin D, I think - did.) I haven't tried it, mostly because BI is so darn powerful and effective.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I'm a HS3 user as well as BI4 so I belong to a BI based forum as well as this one.

I'd suggest asking that question in the BI forum. Lots of experience there.

https://ipcamtalk.com/forums/general-bi-talk.32/

Comment

Gotcha. The thing is that the lawn between our driveways is so narrow that triggering from motion on it would be all but impossible. SightHound claims that it can detect direction of motion so if someone crossed that line from their side it would, theoretically, trigger. I dunno. I'm getting a fancy IP cam and am going to experiment.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
            I'm a HS3 user as well as BI4 so I belong to a BI based forum as well as this one.

I'd suggest asking that question in the BI forum. Lots of experience there.

https://ipcamtalk.com/forums/general-bi-talk.32/
            I just joined IPCTalk today as well. I haven't asked there because it's so BI centric that I'm afraid they wouldn't consider SightHound as an option for me.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

BLRadar has a movement feature where you can make a virtual device on/off based on movement between two devices. I think you could use your existing auto sensor as the 'from' sensor (turned back up) and another motion sensor closer to the house (as the to sensor). When motion occurs at FROM followed by TO then you could make the virtual device ON....

Comment

Working...
              X