Google Home, MyHS, and Firewall settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home, MyHS, and Firewall settings

I am looking at why my Google Home is not working with Homeseer, and found that I had to update my firewall rules. For troubleshooting, I have a rule that allows my Internal network to go to any IP with any port (Internal-any-any) and it works to control the lights through Homeseer.

I disabled that rule and created a rule for Google Home-any-any and it cannot control my Z-wave lights through Homeseer. If I also add a rule for my Homeseer computer-any-any in addition to the Google Home rule, it works again.

I am trying to find what ports or IP addresses Homeseer needs open in the firewall for it to work with Google Home so I don't need to leave it at Any. With searching in my firewall logs I see Google Home talking to 8.8.8.8:53 (Google DNS) when I tell it to turn on a light but cannot find what Homeseer is using. Thanks.

For myHS service, HS3.exe opens a connection to connected.homeseer.com:10300.

Comment

Thanks, that took care of my problem.

The firewall rule I have now is for the IP address of the computer and for the Google Home, to use only UDP/TCP 10300 to connect to connected.homeseer.com or myhs.homeseer.com (54.147.245.0/24).

Comment

Working...
      X