Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.0.40 Beta (for Windows & Linux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
    So I changed it back and everything works, however even after reading the updated instructions I am still unclear on what needs be changed to 111.

I don't seem to have any devices that have a buttons that say fault. Sorry not sure what I am missing here.
    sorry for the confusion, i updated the instructions again to the following:

For Virtual Zone devices with a Fault button, change the Fault button value to 111
    my guess is you don't have any "virtual zones"

VZs are zones that are programmed in the panel, but the are controlled from the VZ in HS (normal, fault, check). These plugin devices have buttons to include a Fault and Clear button.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, you are correct that I don't use any virtual zones hence the confusion.

The question that I have now is how are people using virtual zones now? To indicate to the panel that there is a fire based off of other sensors indicated from homeseer? What are other popular use cases?

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
        The question that I have now is how are people using virtual zones now? To indicate to the panel that there is a fire based off of other sensors indicated from homeseer? What are other popular use cases?
        I don't recall very many users taking advantage of this feature.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hey Mark..

sorry for probably a dumb question. If i'm updating, should I use the updater, OR the zip method you describe above?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
            Hey Mark..

sorry for probably a dumb question. If i'm updating, should I use the updater, OR the zip method you describe above?
            From the Updater. The zip above is old.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Another simple question: If i have version 3.0.0.15, do I need to change the value of Arm-Away to 106? On my devices 'System Status' and 'Partition 1 Status' the value of Arm Away is 103.

Thanks in advance ...

Comment

yes. on both devices. if you don't the button won't work or trigger the wrong alarm action
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Vista Plug Arming Issue

I am having trouble arming my home partition (partition 1), this is only happening since I upgraded from a free HS3 License to a paid one and I purchased your plugin at (I believe) the same time?

Log Message/Errrors:

Apr-03 12:43:28 PM
                  Vista Alarm Warning: The port has closed unexpectedly. Apr-03 12:43:28 PM Vista Alarm Sending [code]+*0 Apr-03 12:43:28 PM Vista Alarm Warning: The port has closed unexpectedly. Apr-03 12:43:28 PM Vista Alarm Sending [code]+3 Apr-03 12:43:28 PM Vista Alarm Warning: The port has closed unexpectedly. Apr-03 12:43:28 PM Vista Alarm Sending [code]+*1 Apr-03 12:43:28 PM Device Control Device: Vista Alarm Vista Alarm Home Status to Arm-Stay (104) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

Originally posted by shanghai View Post
                    I am having trouble arming my home partition (partition 1), this is only happening since I upgraded from a free HS3 License to a paid one and I purchased your plugin at (I believe) the same time?

Log Message/Errrors:

Apr-03 12:43:28 PM
                    Vista Alarm Warning: The port has closed unexpectedly. Apr-03 12:43:28 PM Vista Alarm Sending [code]+*0 Apr-03 12:43:28 PM Vista Alarm Warning: The port has closed unexpectedly. Apr-03 12:43:28 PM Vista Alarm Sending [code]+3 Apr-03 12:43:28 PM Vista Alarm Warning: The port has closed unexpectedly. Apr-03 12:43:28 PM Vista Alarm Sending [code]+*1 Apr-03 12:43:28 PM Device Control Device: Vista Alarm Vista Alarm Home Status to Arm-Stay (104) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

if you restart hs3 or the box, does that resolve the issue
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Error Messsage

I receive the following error message when I start up HomeSeer with version 3.0.0.27.

~!~Vista Alarm~!~Error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(Exceptio nArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index) at HSPI_VistaAlarm.VistaAlarmClass.ZonesCollection.UpdateCleare dZones(MessageCollection& Messages, Boolean BypassMode, PartitionClass Partition) at HSPI_VistaAlarm.VistaAlarmClass.ProcessMessage(String Buffer)

Is there a fix for this? Everything seems to work, just get this error message. Not sure what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
                        I receive the following error message when I start up HomeSeer with version 3.0.0.27.

~!~Vista Alarm~!~Error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(Exceptio nArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index) at HSPI_VistaAlarm.VistaAlarmClass.ZonesCollection.UpdateCleare dZones(MessageCollection& Messages, Boolean BypassMode, PartitionClass Partition) at HSPI_VistaAlarm.VistaAlarmClass.ProcessMessage(String Buffer)

Is there a fix for this? Everything seems to work, just get this error message. Not sure what it means.
                        when do you get the error? if you can duplicate it, please list the steps here so I can replicate it and fix it.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          when do you get the error? if you can duplicate it, please list the steps here so I can replicate it and fix it.
                          I receive this error on every start of homeseer. Only happens at the start (I don't see duplicate errors until I start it again).

Comment

I receive this error on every start of homeseer. Only happens at the start (I don't see duplicate errors until I start it again).
                            Aaron,
                            the plugin is reading the zones you have created at startup. please review the zones you have created and make sure there aren't any duplicates, and that they each have a partition assigned.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              Aaron,
                              the plugin is reading the zones you have created at startup. please review the zones you have created and make sure there aren't any duplicates, and that they each have a partition assigned.
                              I have double checked all my zones. I was going to attache a picture to show what I was looking at, but not sure how as I am new to this forum. However, I went into the actual zone in HomeSeer, and on the Configuration Page, it shows Address: "Vista Zone #.

I verified every one of them, no duplicates. I have the Room number my Zone number for simplicity on my part...

I also checked the "Vista Alarm" tab and it shows Partition: 1.
                              That's the ONLY partition I have... And they are all set to 1. Doesn't look like you can even change it to blank or none.

Comment

I have double checked all my zones. I was going to attache a picture to show what I was looking at, but not sure how as I am new to this forum. However, I went into the actual zone in HomeSeer, and on the Configuration Page, it shows Address: "Vista Zone #.

I verified every one of them, no duplicates. I have the Room number my Zone number for simplicity on my part...

I also checked the "Vista Alarm" tab and it shows Partition: 1.
                                That's the ONLY partition I have... And they are all set to 1. Doesn't look like you can even change it to blank or none.
                                can you check your log for a message that looks like the following. it should come just before the error msg you posted

Error in UpdateClearedZones: Zone=
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X