Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spike5884 View Post
    Dear HomeSeer Employees,

Someone may want to fix the slight typo on the FaceBook post:

"Our Google Home integration is not live! Read more about it here: "
    Good eye! Thanks, fixed.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      This worked just fine for me yesterday, but when I tried it this afternoon, it just keeps telling me "sorry, I'm not sure how to help with that".
      Not sure what happened nor that it's related to HS at all, but I ended up on the line with Google Home support for quite a while and ultimately the fix was to factory reset the Google Home, in case this happens to anyone else.

Comment

Hi,

I just tried this. Unfortunately, no success with solving the unable to link accounts.

-Philip

Comment

Originally posted by philipi View Post
          Hi,

I just tried this. Unfortunately, no success with solving the unable to link accounts.

-Philip
          Same here. Still cannot link.

Comment

Strange...

Just tried linking again and it failed...

But 6 devices showed up... About 20+ devices are missing...

Thoughts are always welcome.

-Philip

Comment

Originally posted by philipi View Post
              Strange...

Just tried linking again and it failed...

But 6 devices showed up... About 20+ devices are missing...

Thoughts are always welcome.

-Philip
              No such luck for me :-(

I believe from OP that only on/off devices will appear. Also voice control has to be enabled for the device to show up.

Comment

The devices that have appeared are somewhat random - Many On/Off devices are missing.

Some progress is good.

-Philip

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  We put in a fix for this, if anyone was seeing this issue, please try to link again and post if you still see an error.

Note that you may have to restart the Google Home as it seems to cache information and may continue to error. This goes for your browser also.
                  Thanks for the help - mine synced today!

Is there anyway we can have the functionality match the amazon skill - where it only pulls the "Device Name" as opposed to Location 1 / Location 2.

Right now I have the devices listed as "Bedroom Light Bedroom Light 3"

Comment

Originally posted by khaled View Post
                    Thanks for the help - mine synced today!

Is there anyway we can have the functionality match the amazon skill - where it only pulls the "Device Name" as opposed to Location 1 / Location 2.

Right now I have the devices listed as "Bedroom Light Bedroom Light 3"

You can give them a nickname, but it's tedious.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      Yes, but you will need build 326 or the latest beta 342. You will need to SSH to your box to manually update, instructions are at the beginning of this thread.

I dont see any instructions for Linux. Can anyone provide me instruction on how I can install 326. I'm on 318. When I click to check for updates It tells met there are non.

Comment

Originally posted by Igorski88 View Post
                        I dont see any instructions for Linux. Can anyone provide me instruction on how I can install 326. I'm on 318. When I click to check for updates It tells met there are non.
                        This is a post from Pete earlier in another thead:

On the Zee-2 there is a GUI option to update which should work. That said the below long math way should also work.
                        I updated last night from 318 to 342 here and my Zee-2 GUI still shows an update to 318 anyhoot.

You would utilize SSH via Putty on Windows or a terminal session in Linux.

Note if you have never done this before then google putty and WinSCP if you want to do this from Windows. IE: install Putty and WinsSCP.
                        WinSCP provides you with a nice explorer like interface to your Zee-2 box.

Basically the command line in Linux is just ssh homeseer@ipofhomeseerbox which is similar to using Putty.

Once you get there then you have to change to the HomeSeer directory ... make sure that HomeSeer is off when doing this. Also make sure you have a backup of the entire directory before doing this.

1 - SSH to Homeseer box
                        2 - cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
                        3 - sudo ./updatehs.sh 318
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Refresh Devices

Is there an easy way to refresh the available devices in Home app?

Comment

Originally posted by bahamabum View Post
                            Diddled with nicknames still cannot get google home to understand me

Must be doing something wrong.
                            I have the same issue- Then I tried using dimmer commands for dimmer switches. For example, if I wanted to turn on the master bedroom light (a dimmer) I said, "OK google, set the master bedroom ceiling light to 100%." That worked. I noticed that google home does not recognize ON/OFF commands for dimmer devices.

Also, the reason I named the master bedroom "Ceiling Light" and not just light is because I believe the term "light" or "lights" is used to control all devices in a room...So by saying "Turn on the master bedroom light" it would turn on every device in the room.

Comment

I have been trying to to get this to work on the ZeeS2's. Finally I looked and it has Latest update available is: 3.0.0.318 . The log is telling me its up to date. Is it my system?

Comment

How to use colors with homeseer device?
                                Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                                --
                                Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
                                X