No announcement yet.

Update to 3.0.6551.16372 and plug-in keeps crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having connect issues too. Is there a link to go back to the previous version?

Comment

Originally posted by Ckerch View Post
      I am having connect issues too. Is there a link to go back to the previous version?
      What type of connection issues are you experiencing?
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Can someone experiencing an issue send me debug output along with an explanation of what issue they are seeing?

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=130803

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Sorry been away on 2 weeks holiday... Back now and issues still there :-(
        I had downgraded to 3.0.6267.36391 however it too is giving the same symptoms now, so I have gone back to the latest version.

1. What Operating System Are You Using: (XP/Vista/7)
        Windows 10

2. Are you running HomeSeer as a service? (Yes/No)
        Yes

3. How is HomeSeer connected to the Elk M1? (serial/M1XEP):
        M1XEP. M1G v5.3.10, M1XEP v2.0.42

4. Do you run any anti-virus programs? If Yes, indicate the name and version.
        No - I have disabled the Windows defender scanning and all firewalls on the HS3 box, no 3rd party products installed. Box is dedicated to HS3.

5. Describe the issue you are experiencing.
        After the plugin starts up (within 30 minutes) various protocol/timeout warnings appear in the HS logs.
        Any event that is triggered by ELK zones or outputs are triggered, but after lenthy delays (sometimes up to 40 minutes). Seems the messages do retry and eventually get through, but far from real time.
        Have power-cycled the M1G a few times, no change in symptoms. Problem only started with upgrade to latest plugin version (there was also a Win10 update + full system reboot around the same time). Downgrading to prior plugin versions does not resolve this issue for me.

6. Are you able to duplicate the issue? (Yes/No) If Yes, describe the steps to duplicate the issue.
        Yes - restart the plugin (disable/enable, or full restart of restart HS3) and wait a short time

7. Send the debug log.
        Done.

Suspecting something in the Windows upgrade possibly, system is fully updated now... also no packet loss on the network (ping -t -l 1000 from HS3 to M1XEP for several minutes - 0 loss, <1ms)

Regards,
        Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by geodementia View Post
          Sorry been away on 2 weeks holiday... Back now and issues still there :-(
          I had downgraded to 3.0.6267.36391 however it too is giving the same symptoms now, so I have gone back to the latest version.

1. What Operating System Are You Using: (XP/Vista/7)
          Windows 10

2. Are you running HomeSeer as a service? (Yes/No)
          Yes

3. How is HomeSeer connected to the Elk M1? (serial/M1XEP):
          M1XEP. M1G v5.3.10, M1XEP v2.0.42

4. Do you run any anti-virus programs? If Yes, indicate the name and version.
          No - I have disabled the Windows defender scanning and all firewalls on the HS3 box, no 3rd party products installed. Box is dedicated to HS3.

5. Describe the issue you are experiencing.
          After the plugin starts up (within 30 minutes) various protocol/timeout warnings appear in the HS logs.
          Any event that is triggered by ELK zones or outputs are triggered, but after lenthy delays (sometimes up to 40 minutes). Seems the messages do retry and eventually get through, but far from real time.
          Have power-cycled the M1G a few times, no change in symptoms. Problem only started with upgrade to latest plugin version (there was also a Win10 update + full system reboot around the same time). Downgrading to prior plugin versions does not resolve this issue for me.

6. Are you able to duplicate the issue? (Yes/No) If Yes, describe the steps to duplicate the issue.
          Yes - restart the plugin (disable/enable, or full restart of restart HS3) and wait a short time

7. Send the debug log.
          Done.

Suspecting something in the Windows upgrade possibly, system is fully updated now... also no packet loss on the network (ping -t -l 1000 from HS3 to M1XEP for several minutes - 0 loss, <1ms)

Regards,
          Geoff
          Hello Geoff, I am sorry you are experiencing these issues with my plug-in. I had a conversation with another user that is experiencing the exact same issue and we are trying to isolate the cause. Does your HomeSeer system have Z-Wave enabled?

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hello Geoff, I am sorry you are experiencing these issues with my plug-in. I had a conversation with another user that is experiencing the exact same issue and we are trying to isolate the cause. Does your HomeSeer system have Z-Wave enabled?

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Yes - I do have z-wave enabled... primary/secondary controllers and 2 nodes at this stage.

Regards,
            Geoff

Comment

Yes - I do have z-wave enabled... primary/secondary controllers and 2 nodes at this stage.

Regards,
              Geoff
              Hello Geoff,

The other user also mentioned zone updates from Elk that trigger events are taking longer than 15 minutes to fire which implies there is something going on within HomeSeer itself. However, he can see the zone changes imediatly within the devices web page. Can you also open a case with HomeSeer regarding the delay issue?

Comment

Just some additional information.

I have had the M1G for many years and these checksum errors only started after I added the CBus interface board (http://nesscorporation.com/ness-auto...sion-3-00.html).

The CBus interface has some bugs. For example there is a firmware bug involving rounding where converting 0-256 to 0-100% and back. There are a few other bugs discussed on the CBus forums (https://www.cbusforums.com/threads/n...-traffic.5471/ and https://www.cbusforums.com/threads/n...ages-bug.8908/).

Elk (aka NESS in Australia and New Zealand) know about these bugs but are not interested in addressing them which is disapointing.

Given the known issues with these add-on boards it is quite possible that these checksum errors are originating from the Elk/NESS hardware, not the plugin. I don't think Elk/NESS are very good at error checking before releasing certain products.

I too use z-wave by the way.

Marty.
                iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Hello Geoff,

The other user also mentioned zone updates from Elk that trigger events are taking longer than 15 minutes to fire which implies there is something going on within HomeSeer itself. However, he can see the zone changes imediatly within the devices web page. Can you also open a case with HomeSeer regarding the delay issue?
                  Unfortunately that's not the case here - the events fire as soon as the device status updates, the device status page is updating with the huge delay as well. I can watch my roller door in the garage open and close on the devices page over 30 minutes after it actually happened...

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                    Just some additional information.
                    Given the known issues with these add-on boards it is quite possible that these checksum errors are originating from the Elk/NESS hardware, not the plugin. I don't think Elk/NESS are very good at error checking before releasing certain products.
                    My setup uses no external boards, other than a relay output board, which has been there since day 1. Nothing has changed in my Elk since I installed it several months ago, including F/W updates... at least none have been released for several months (along the lines of Elk/Ness not fixing issues)

Cheers,
                    Geoff

Comment

howdy, having updated my plugin on saturday and having these same issues,
                      was wondering if any progress has been made. the plugin is working ok but, am getting large volumes of no response/improper response logs that were not present before upgrading.
                      thanks

Comment

I am getting similar errors too (see my post)

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193731
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                        jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

So I did some more digging on my system yesterday, still no closer to figuring out any problems

I swapped out the ribbon cable between the M1G and the M1XEP with a good quality serial cable, and also re-flashed the firmware on the M1XEP to rule out any corruption occuring there. Still no joy - HS logs filled with the no/invalid response messages, and HS detecting zone changes many minutes after they occur.

Connecting to the M1G using the ElkRP software from the HS box, I see the zone status changes in real time, so doesn't look to be any issue on the alarm end of the link, certainly seems to be within HS3 and/or the plugin. ElkRP is using the secure port and not the non-secure port that the plugin uses, but I don't see that as being a factor.

I have also totally disabled the Z-Wave plugin since I am not using any Z-Wave in production yet (just playing with a couple of devices to see how they work) - this also makes no difference (regardig the comments about possible conflict with Z-Wave processing)

Comment

So I did some more digging on my system yesterday, still no closer to figuring out any problems

I swapped out the ribbon cable between the M1G and the M1XEP with a good quality serial cable, and also re-flashed the firmware on the M1XEP to rule out any corruption occuring there. Still no joy - HS logs filled with the no/invalid response messages, and HS detecting zone changes many minutes after they occur.

Connecting to the M1G using the ElkRP software from the HS box, I see the zone status changes in real time, so doesn't look to be any issue on the alarm end of the link, certainly seems to be within HS3 and/or the plugin. ElkRP is using the secure port and not the non-secure port that the plugin uses, but I don't see that as being a factor.

I have also totally disabled the Z-Wave plugin since I am not using any Z-Wave in production yet (just playing with a couple of devices to see how they work) - this also makes no difference (regardig the comments about possible conflict with Z-Wave processing)
                            Can you check the UltraM1G3 process in the task manager to see if what the CPU and memory usage is?

Comment

Here is my screen capture

I am not sure who you were asking this of, but since I am seeing similar errors, here is my screen capture

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...80#post1348880
                              Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                              jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Can you check the UltraM1G3 process in the task manager to see if what the CPU and memory usage is?
                                Yep - here's mine, nothing untoward in the HS3 department:

BUT - I notice that 'Windows Defender Antivirus Service' is using 50-60% CPU.
                                I'm sure I set this to be disabled... Let me try and kill defender again to see if it is sucking the resources and causing issues.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X