Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro Radiator Valve

Hi,

I've just purchased one of these to try and it mostly but not entirely works.

I have tried normal and non-secure inclusion and get different number of child devices created for each. Also, when first included, the 'status' child devices show 'OK', but any time after that if they are polled, they change to and stick on 'unknown'.

Manual polling is intermittent - it seems to work for 6/10 child devices every other time.

I am on HS Beta .399 and ZWave Plugin Beta 3.0.1.184.

Is there a 'right way' to gather data and submit it so that you can look to implement any changes that are needed to support the device fully?

Thanks,

Jon.

Can anyone advise the right way to progress getting a new device fully supported in HS3?

The device in question (Fibaro Thermostatic Radiator Valve) is ZWave+ certified.

Thanks,

Jon.

Comment

I'd also be interested in these.
      Would be a great way of zoning off the system with timer and temperature controls for each room.

Looks alot nicer than the other z wave radiator valves on the market too!

If anyone knows how to get these up and running properly please post up here and I can then go buy a load 😀

Comment

Originally posted by mastermixlee View Post
        I'd also be interested in these.
        Would be a great way of zoning off the system with timer and temperature controls for each room.

Looks alot nicer than the other z wave radiator valves on the market too!

If anyone knows how to get these up and running properly please post up here and I can then go buy a load ��
        I have been using StellaZs for a few years now and, whilst they work, they are pretty frustrating to use so I've been on the lookout for something better for some time. About the same time the Fibaro came out so did a new Eurotonics valve called Spirit. It looked good so I bought one 3 months ago to try out.
        It is ZWave plus and uses FLiRS which basically means that although it is battery powered it responds immediately to commands. None of the frustrating waiting for wakeups to configure or change set points etc. If you want them it also reports temperature, valve position, batteries, etc without any nasty polling. It included in HS3 out of the box with no issues and I could configure it how I wanted by setting parameters from the manual.
        My only doubt was that FLiRS would drain the batteries. However, it's now been running for 89 days and the battery level is down to 65%. They might die tomorrow but even so that's as long as my StellaZs generally last and it's a night and day comparison in all respects. With any luck the batteries might last another 4 months as they have been dropping at a fairly steady rate but only time will tell.

Dom Living Room TStat Battery
        07/01/2018 08:37: 65% 0.9% per day
        21/12/2017 02:37: 80% 0.2% per day
        30/11/2017 23:37: 85% 1.7% per day
        28/11/2017 02:39: 90% 5.2% per day
        27/11/2017 03:39: 95% 0.1% per day
        22/10/2017 17:43: 100% 0.0% per day
        22/10/2017 Batteries last replaced

You might want to give them a look.

Sorry no help with the Fibaro though.

Steve

Comment

Ah thanks I'll have a look!! Sounds good with the instant updates without waiting for wake-up...that's exactly why I stopped trying to use the fibaro motion sensors!

Comment

Working...
          X