This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow or no response to commands

I haven't used a wireless RF interface in quite some time but I recently found the need to use one again and aquired an MR26A interface. I installed the free plug-in for HS. The problem is the commands take 3 or 4 minutes to show up in the HS event log. Sometimes the commands never show up. The interesting thing I have found is that I can send several commands to the MR26A and then go disable the plug-in. When you disable the plug-in all of the commands immediately show up in the event log, even if its hours later. Its as if the commands get stuck in some queue or something. I have read some of the posts that seem to indicate that HS may be busy. So I took a clean install of HS, installed my TI103 X10 interface, my MR26A, and one device - no scripts, no voice commands, no events, no email. Still the commands take a long time to show up or never show up. I tried disabling the "Retransmit to X10 Interface" setting - that didn't change anything. I tried several other combinations of settings and nothing seems to work.

Then I downloaded and installed the ACRF2 wireless plug-in and configured my MR26A... Everything works flawlessly. Commands show up instantly. Retransmit can be enabled or disabled. Its great.

So my question is: Is there any hope of getting the free plug-in to work OR should I cut my losses and just break down and buy the ACRF2 plug-in?? I suspect my best bet is to spend the $40 because there have only been a handful of posts in this forum in the last 5 years. But, I figured I would just throw the question out there because some people seem to indicate that they are still using the plug-in without any problems.

Oh yeah... currently running HomeSeer Standard Edition 2.5.0.20

HomeSeer Tech hasn't made any changes to that plugin in many years and there will be no further development on it either.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
    X