Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot Update Z-Wave Plugin on Linux - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    There was a problem with the Linux install of the plugin, this has been fixed in build 3.0.1.173 or later.
    3.0.1.173 doesn't solve whatever the problem is:

Code:
    Dec 14 19:52:35 elms-hs3-01 mono[1102]: 07:52:35:1796:[Updater]->Starting download of updates
    Dec 14 19:52:35 elms-hs3-01 mono[1102]: 07:52:35:1803:[Updater]->Downloading update: HomeSeer Z-Wave Linux
    Dec 14 19:52:36 elms-hs3-01 mono[1102]: 07:52:36:2010:[Updater]->Update HSPI_ZWave.exe downloaded successfully
    Dec 14 19:52:36 elms-hs3-01 mono[1102]: 07:52:36:2013:[Updater]->Installing package HomeSeer Z-Wave Linux
    Dec 14 19:52:36 elms-hs3-01 mono[1102]: 07:52:36:3315:[Updater Error]->Installation of package HomeSeer Z-Wave Linux failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
    Dec 14 19:52:36 elms-hs3-01 mono[1102]: 07:52:36:3318:[Updater]->Install/Update of package HomeSeer Z-Wave Linux failed.
    The plugin was disabled before attempting the upgrade.

It would be enormously helpful if the upgrade process would log what error was actually encountered.

-M.

Comment

Here downgraded HSPro and HSLite Linux boxes back to V.387. I had no issues with the ZWave update on HSLite box (Zee2).

Dec-14 11:12:08 PM Updater Downloading update: HomeSeer Z-Wave Linux
      Dec-14 11:12:09 PM Updater Update HSPI_ZWave.exe downloaded successfully
      Dec-14 11:12:09 PM Updater Installing package HomeSeer Z-Wave Linux
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Copying file: \HomeSeer\HSPI_ZWave.exe
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Copying file: \HomeSeer\HSPI_ZWave.exe.config
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Copying file: \HomeSeer\bin\Z-Wave\HSZWLib.dll
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Copying file: \HomeSeer\bin\Z-Wave\System.Data.SQLite.dll
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Copying file: \HomeSeer\bin\Z-Wave\ZWave_Company.dll
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Copying file: \HomeSeer\bin\Z-Wave\ZWaveBasicApplication.dll
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Copying file: \HomeSeer\bin\Z-Wave\ZWave.dll
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Copying file: \HomeSeer\bin\Z-Wave\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Copying file: \HomeSeer\bin\Z-Wave\Utils.dll
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Copying file: \HomeSeer\bin\Z-Wave\libs2crypto32.so
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: /HomeSeer/Updates3/HomeSeer Z-Wave LinuxBETA 3.0.1.173/Z-Wave.zip Destination: /HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
      Dec-14 11:12:10 PM Updater Install/Update of package HomeSeer Z-Wave Linux was successful.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Here downgraded HSPro and HSLite Linux boxes back to V.387. I had no issues with the ZWave update on HSLite box (Zee2).
        I suspect there is something different about the Zee version of HS3 and the version that is installed on regular Linux boxes. -- and I don't mean different about Homeseer itself -- I mean that there may be some expectation of what's installed on a regular Linux distro by the updater that is not being met. As a simple example, my Ubuntu Server 16.04 installation didn't have 'unzip' installed, something I discovered only when I tried to manually do the Z-Wave plugin installation. I had some hopes that this would fix the problem, because the 'installation failed' message was virtually instantaneous after the download finished. All that did, though, was cause the failure to take a little long to happen.

If you could provide me something like an 'ls -lR' of your homeseer root directory from your Zee2 I'd be interested to compare it against what's in my 'homeseer' root directory. I know plugins would be different, but I can ignore those differences.

Comment

Both of my Linux HS3 installations are identically configured in the root directory.

/HomeSeer

Only difference between HS3 Zee2 and HS3 Pro is the limit of 5 plugins on the HS3 Lite box.

Many folks DIYing their stuff also use the /opt or /home directories.

A few unique adds to the OS build are things like Mono and Aha and unzip. Aha is only utilized for linux commands via the gui.

If something was missing in the Linux OS I would add it.

It's always been this way from the very first Zee and first version of Homeseer to run on a Linux computer.

IE: I tested the first Zee Homeseer on Ubuntu 32/64 bit 12.X, 14.X ARM, AMD and Intel CPUs way long time ago and it worked great.

Only time this matters is when there are scripts that make a reference the the directory structure from the root side.

I didn't have any issues that I could see with beta V.387. As soon as I updated I did have issues. Initially with V.393 then V.396.

Off on a tangent here unrelated to zwave....

With Linux beta V.393 none of the plugins loaded. (they would try and fail to load)

With Linux beta V.396 it appears that the Linux TTS/VR load pieces of the HS3 core load up before earlier versions and that messes with my only utilized Wintel speaker dot exe that is preloaded on an Oracle VB. Googling the HS3 Lofg error found it documented and related to the use of the microphone piece of VR for speech on any Debian / Ubuntu linux build. Most of the references related to python use of TTS/VR stuff.

I have always utilized SAPI TTS with HS and do have dependencies on it relating to listening for functions. (I tinker with but do not have automation dependencies on the echo stuff).

I only tested the update of ZWave as I was not having issues with standard release.

Here is the ls -ir of my HS3 Lite box (Zee2).

[ATTACH]65158[/ATTACH]
          Last edited by Pete; December 15, 2017, 06:23 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHargrove View Post
            3.0.1.173 doesn't solve whatever the problem is:

Code:
            Dec 14 19:52:35 elms-hs3-01 mono[1102]: 07:52:35:1796:[Updater]->Starting download of updates
            Dec 14 19:52:35 elms-hs3-01 mono[1102]: 07:52:35:1803:[Updater]->Downloading update: HomeSeer Z-Wave Linux
            Dec 14 19:52:36 elms-hs3-01 mono[1102]: 07:52:36:2010:[Updater]->Update HSPI_ZWave.exe downloaded successfully
            Dec 14 19:52:36 elms-hs3-01 mono[1102]: 07:52:36:2013:[Updater]->Installing package HomeSeer Z-Wave Linux
            Dec 14 19:52:36 elms-hs3-01 mono[1102]: 07:52:36:3315:[Updater Error]->Installation of package HomeSeer Z-Wave Linux failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
            Dec 14 19:52:36 elms-hs3-01 mono[1102]: 07:52:36:3318:[Updater]->Install/Update of package HomeSeer Z-Wave Linux failed.
            The plugin was disabled before attempting the upgrade.

It would be enormously helpful if the upgrade process would log what error was actually encountered.

-M.
            Agreed .173 still has problem. I cannot update either.

Comment

Fixed Here - Thanks Rich!

Worked as expected, didn't have to disable Zwave PI either:

Current Date/Time: 12/19/2017 8:27:14 AM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.398
              Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:20:48 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 1 Minute 9 Seconds
              IP Address: 192.168.1.112
              Number of Devices: 180
              Number of Events: 86
              Available Threads: 396
              HSTouch Enabled: True
              Event Threads: 0
              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
              Device Exec Queue: 0
              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
              Email Send Queue: 0
              Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.0.1.173: Z-Wave

Comment

I also noticed that it was not possible to update form 160 to 179. In the Updater3 dir I found a zip file that could not be extracted due to a strange character in its name. So I installed all the 179 files by hand and now it is working fine.
                For what it is worth.

--Cor--

Comment

Well, I was too quickly with my news. It turned out that homeseer was restarting every 5 minites or so.
                  I put back the previous image on my Raspberry3 and did an update to HS3 (version 398) first. This included version 176 of the Zwave plugin.
                  Now I did an upgrade to version 179 of the Zwave plugin and that went smoothly.
                  It is still after half an hour.
                  --Cor--

Comment

I am still getting this problem. Trying to install the .130 and even that fails...

Is there a way to reset everything back to normal on a SEL?
                    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

I'm completely unable to get ANYTHING to update or install via the web UI at this point (running .379). I've also lost the display of the currently-installed version for my plugins on the large list of plugins that the UI provides.

Any package I select downloads, but then immediately fails when the installation starts. There are no log messages that tell me what might be going on. It's hard to believe this is a permissions issue on Linux because HS3 is running as root. It's far more likely that there is a dependency that the installer is expecting but is not actually installed on my distro, or that there is some hard-coded path expectation that is wrong (although I have not altered ANY locations from standard other then the installation root).

Comment

Did you try to restart the unit? Check the updates3 folder in the HS folder and see if there are folders for each plugin you tried to install. In those folders should be the unzipped contents of the zip files. You can manually try to unzip the files to ensure they are not corrupt.

Originally posted by MarkHargrove View Post
                        I'm completely unable to get ANYTHING to update or install via the web UI at this point (running .379). I've also lost the display of the currently-installed version for my plugins on the large list of plugins that the UI provides.

Any package I select downloads, but then immediately fails when the installation starts. There are no log messages that tell me what might be going on. It's hard to believe this is a permissions issue on Linux because HS3 is running as root. It's far more likely that there is a dependency that the installer is expecting but is not actually installed on my distro, or that there is some hard-coded path expectation that is wrong (although I have not altered ANY locations from standard other then the installation root).
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          Did you try to restart the unit? Check the updates3 folder in the HS folder and see if there are folders for each plugin you tried to install. In those folders should be the unzipped contents of the zip files. You can manually try to unzip the files to ensure they are not corrupt.
                          My HS3 installation is currently running as an Ubuntu Server 1604 VM on VMware. Yes, it's been restarted several times.

The plugin packages download AND unzip just fine -- I can see the files in the updates3 directory. I have indeed verified the zip archives are intact and can be manually unizipped as well.

The problem seems to occur when the updater begins to execute the "instructions" in the install.txt file that accompanies each plugin. Regardless of what the first command is, nothing gets executed. If I go through and perform the commands implicit in the install.txt file one at a time by hand, the plugin installs (and works) just fine.

Is there any way to turn up the logging level so we can see exactly what the failure is when the "commands" in install.txt get executed?

-M.

Comment

Working...
                          X