Signatures missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signatures missing

Why are signatures present in some posts, but not others? I just looked at a thread where I have several posts, but my signature appears in my earlier posts, but not in the most recent ones.

And, obviously, it does appear in this one.

Are attachments displacing the signature?
    Last edited by Uncle Michael; March 31, 2017, 08:57 AM. Reason: speculation added
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
    Why are signatures present in some posts, but not others? I just looked at a thread where I have several posts, but my signature appears in my earlier posts, but not in the most recent ones.

Can you check one of the posts without a signature under "Additional Options>Miscellaneous Options" and see if "Show your signature" has not been selected?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Forget that. I just looked at one in a forum where I am a moderator and that option is selected on your posts without a signature. I thought it may be attachments, but as you can see this post has an attachment and a signature.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by randy; March 31, 2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Mark made a change last week where you signature shows only on the first post of a thread and not subsequent posts to save some bandwidth.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Mark made a change last week where you signature shows only on the first post of a thread and not subsequent posts to save some bandwidth.
          Thanks. That makes sense. I saw this post was missing a signature, but when I edited the post it came back.

Comment

Rupp,
            Thanks for the clarification. The idea makes sense for short threads, but long, multi-page threads may be a difficult case.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Actually, it's a bit more generous than that. Every member gets one signature displayed per page of any thread. I think that's fair.

Comment

Rupp,
                Thanks for the clarification. The idea makes sense for short threads, but long, multi-page threads may be a difficult case.
                see my post just above

Comment

BTW, this change was made last Friday. You're the first to notice or comment on it. Gold star for you!

Comment

@ Randy,

Cute pup. Makes me want to get more dogs!
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                      @ Randy,

Cute pup. Makes me want to get more dogs!
                      That is Riley, the one in my avatar. He was about 3 months then, he just turned a year on March 13. He is a terrier - all the way through. Stubborn, smart, clownish and extremely energetic. We have had Airedales for almost three decades, this is our first little dog. We are very happy with him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0964.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	1190389

Name:	IMG_1070.JPG
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1190387

Name:	IMG_1082.JPG
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1190388

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                        Every member gets one signature displayed per page of any thread.
                        Perfect. That will make the threads more compact, but still allow ready access to signatures with useful links. Thanks.

Comment

Ok, I'm going to ask a dumb question! where pray tell does one gain access to their Signature settings ? Mike
                          Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                          Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                          HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                            Ok, I'm going to ask a dumb question! where pray tell does one gain access to their Signature settings ? Mike
                            It is a trick. First go to User CP and click on Group Memberships. You must belong to a group in order to have a signature. Join HS3 users and/or whatever Group feels appropriate. You can belong to more than 1. Once you have become a member of a group, load User CP again and signatures will be an option just under Group Memberships. The little icons under my username represent the groups I belong to.

Comment

"2nd time in a day" Thanxs Randy. I guess I needed the secret hand shake . Mike
                              Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                              Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                              HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                              X