Boards default VIEW settings = ghost town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boards default VIEW settings = ghost town

The boards default view settings make this place look like a ghost town. This may put off potential buyers who don't realize there is a view setting.

Once you set the view to "from the beginning" you see an impressive wealth of information. That should be the default so that newcomers see that there is a huge base of users and excellent peer support.

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
    The boards default view settings make this place look like a ghost town. This may put off potential buyers who don't realize there is a view setting.

Once you set the view to "from the beginning" you see an impressive wealth of information. That should be the default so that newcomers see that there is a huge base of users and excellent peer support.
    It's been like it since I joined in 2007 and it threw me then making me think the board was completely dead, perhaps there is a reason for it I don't know but I think a completely new board would be a welcome addition...it does make me think of 2003 sometimes.

Comment

Let me ask if this can be changed to be the default setting.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here default board settings look just right to me.

The default view has been updated over the last month or so.

I like seeing the latest on the right.

The Homeseer forum doesn't look dead at all to me.

[ATTACH]60686[/ATTACH]
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The default view setting for the "General Discussion" forums was set to "the last day". Not sure why. I updated that to display all posts. Then, I started going through the other forums to double-check. Most are set correctly; a few were not. I didn't check EVERY forum but that is what would be required to see if everything was set the same. Let me know if you find any other forums that are not set for "all threads" and I'll update the defaults.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X