Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the plugin work if homeseer is running on windows and lms on raspberry pi? Sorry if asked before but confused by previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by edwin2008 View Post
      Will the plugin work if homeseer is running on windows and lms on raspberry pi? Sorry if asked before but confused by previous post.

Yes. LMS can be on a different server which can be linux based. That's how I use it myself.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

But squeezebox plugin does work with that config (lms on raspberry pi and homeseer on windows box)?

Comment

Originally posted by edwin2008 View Post
          But squeezebox plugin does work with that config (lms on raspberry pi and homeseer on windows box)?
          Yes
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Great!

Comment

As sparman said, LMS can run an different server. Over the years I used different configurations with LMS on Windows, NAS, etc and HS2 or HS3 on Windows (XP or Windows 7). These days (on my prod environment) I have a fast I7 server running both LMS, HS3 and other server apps.

If you run them oon different servers, the one thing too possibly configure / check are firewall issues blocking the TPC/IP ports used by the plugin too communicate with LMS

Comment

You can also run the LMS on a Pi should the mood take you!

Comment

There is a new version in the Beta section of the Updater with support for Linux.

Comment

Hi,

I just installed this plugin - config done - in the plugin for squeezebox I see both players (I have a Radio and a Touch) - however when I press "HOME" to see all devices, I only see squeezebox "LMS" - no device for my Radio, nor any device for my Touch - am I missing something here?

Also, when first started, the SqueezeBox "LMS" device, Selected Player, only showed "None", "Touch" and then a very smal blank button "". Disable / Enable the SqueezeBox Radio fixed that.

But as I wrote above, I have no devices.

Running Ubuntu 16.04LTS - so it is the BETA Linux version I have.

Comment

Here too running Homeseer 3 Pro on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. On drop down for one player see 35 devices which fill up the screen. IE: if you hit all devices for squeezebox you should see 70 devices for your two players. Note too that it gets your stuff from your Squeezebox server. I am not using any sort of authentication here for the Squeezebox server. I am guessing your squeezebox server sees the two players fine.

[ATTACH]66991[/ATTACH]

Just updated server this morning to new version.

[ATTACH]66992[/ATTACH]

My base XPe touchscreens (15) multitask - running HS3 touch, Squeezebox player or Leviton security touch on either Ubuntu 16.04 or Windows XPe. Numbers over 15 (16-20) are running ubuntu.
                      I am using them along with tiny KODI players next to my Russound zoned amps. IE: you can create an HSTouch screen which has Russound controls and is a remote squeezeplayer controller.

[ATTACH]66993[/ATTACH]
                      Last edited by Pete; February 24, 2018, 07:38 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Sorry to say: No I do NOT have ANY devices (except LMS) - so clearly I am missing something...

I have attached a picture that shows the only device I have (after pressing Show All):
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	SQ2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1195550
                        Also includes a picture that shows that the plugin HAS discovered the two players I do have (and it is correct):
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	SQ1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1195549

It just failed to create the devices in question?

Comment

I decided, just for fun, to click "HS3 Dev." - that made a difference, now I got the two players.... And if I remove that option, they are missing again. I seem to clearly miss some sort of knowledge....

Comment

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
                            I decided, just for fun, to click "HS3 Dev." - that made a difference, now I got the two players.... And if I remove that option, they are missing again. I seem to clearly miss some sort of knowledge....
                            This is as expected. When checked it creates HS3 devices for that player otherwise and when unchecked it removes any existing HS3 devices.

Comment

Can this plugin use Chromecast Audio's as a destination (Cast to Chromecast Audio)?
                              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Relating to LMS there appears to be a Castbridge (integrate Chromecast players with LMS (squeeze2cast) ) that was announced in 2015.

See here:

Announce: CastBridge = integrate Chromecast players with LMS (squeeze2cast)
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X