This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DirecTV Plug-in - Beta Testing

This plugin is designed to allow HomeSeer to control DirecTV set top box models H21, HR20 and newer.

It is based on the DirecTV SHEF API Rev. 1.3.C.
    It's an HTTP API, Your DirecTV box needs to be connected to your network either via an Ethernet Port or a Coax connection.

Please report any bug.

Please read the User Guide before installing.

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder /Updates3/Zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the DirecTV line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Changes to v3.0.0.19
    - Added "Episode Title" and "Duration" devices
    - Channel device value is now set, not just the string

Changes to v3.0.0.18
    - Added devices for Music Artist, Music Album and Music Song

Changes to v3.0.0.16
    - Added refresh button on config page to refresh the list of Genie clients

Changes to v3.0.0.15
    - Fixed issue when selecting power key from a "Press Remote Key" event action

Changes to v3.0.0.14
    - Added possibility to resize remote control web page so that it can be integrated in HSTouch

Changes to v3.0.0.13
    - Fixed polling of Genie clients

Changes to v3.0.0.12:
    - Support for Genie clients
    - Cosmetic changes

Changes to v3.0.0.10:
    - Possibility to suppress hs header and footer on remote page.

Changes to v3.0.0.9:
    - Support for Linux

Changes to v3.0.0.8:
    - Support for multiple instance actions

Changes to v3.0.0.7:
    - Support for multiple instances (actions not working yet)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; August 15, 2018, 07:36 AM.

Spud,

In the DirecTV_3-0-0-19.zip above, I am seeing an hspi_directv.exe with an 8/25/2017 date and a 3.0.0.18 version number. After I updated to the new version the plugin manager was still saying I was on 3.0.0.18 and needed to update - I finally checked the zip and noticed the exe date/version.

thanks,
    Robert

Comment

Originally posted by neelrob View Post
      Spud,

In the DirecTV_3-0-0-19.zip above, I am seeing an hspi_directv.exe with an 8/25/2017 date and a 3.0.0.18 version number. After I updated to the new version the plugin manager was still saying I was on 3.0.0.18 and needed to update - I finally checked the zip and noticed the exe date/version.

thanks,
      Robert
      3.0.0.19 is in the updater. The plug-in is no longer a beta, so you can install it directly from the updater. Look under “media”.

EDIT: I’m getting the same thing from the updater. When 3.0.0.19 is installed from the updater, it shows up as 3.0.0.18 and prompts or an update to 3.0.0.19. It does not update.
      Last edited by randy; August 5, 2018, 10:27 AM.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

3.0.0.19 is in the updater. The plug-in is no longer a beta, so you can install it directly from the updater. Loook under “media”.

EDIT: I’m getting the same thing from the updater. When 3.0.0.19 is installed from the updater, it shows up as 3.0.0.18 and prompts or an update to 3.0.0.19. It does not update.
        Yes I originally tried the updater and it kept saying it was still at 3.0.0.18 after the update. I then checked the actual zip that the updater was downloading and it has the old exe in it. Then I checked the 3.0.0.19 attached to this post and it is the same.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by neelrob View Post

Yes I originally tried the updater and it kept saying it was still at 3.0.0.18 after the update. I then checked the actual zip that the updater was downloading and it has the old exe in it. Then I checked the 3.0.0.19 attached to this post and it is the same.

Robert
          I re attached a zip file with the right exe to this thread, and I submitted it to the updater (so it should be updated shortly)
          Sorry for this problem.

Comment

That got it. Thanks! This may have been discussed before, my apologies if it has. I have a Genie server and several clients. The plug-in devices work well, except for power controls. None of the three power buttons in the device or the two in the remote control have any effect. Is this a limitation of the Genie or a problem in the plug-in. The power controls worked before we were switched to a Genie.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              That got it. Thanks! This may have been discussed before, my apologies if it has. I have a Genie server and several clients. The plug-in devices work well, except for power controls. None of the three power buttons in the device or the two in the remote control have any effect. Is this a limitation of the Genie or a problem in the plug-in. The power controls worked before we were switched to a Genie.
              It's a known problem, On/Off doesn't work for Genie clients, unfortunately the problem is not on the plugin side and I never found any explanation or workaround for this issue.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X