No announcement yet.

Security Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a dahua nvr 4104p right now in use, wondering what the rtsp urls are and if they work in mine as well ?
    Can you give me a example ?

I do know a way around this , but its kinda useless and cpu eating.
    When you use blueiris or any cctv software that can accept rtsp streams you can get it working.
    But then you can probably dump the dahua nvr and only use blueiris since you are using 2 recorders then, 1 nvr and 1 computer.

But from BI , you can use the jpeg link to get them in your hstouch or homeseer and have a image.

Im not sure what kind of cpu you are using but most newer cpu's with a gpu inside as far i understood can give acces to hardware acceleration.
    The update from blueiris , that is since i think last week has support for this and i have seen some nice cpu figures from 29% to 14 for example.

Comment

Look at this link:

https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Dahua

It's for ispy, but they have the URL's for all the models. I had it working thru VLC and the only option I saw to get it into HSTouch was to transcode as you are basically suggesting with Blue Iris. My HS server is a very small footprint to minimize electricity use, and doubt it has the horse power to transcode.

RTSP seems to be the new standard with cameras and it surprises me that a home automation application can't deal with it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
        Here are the things I bought

NVR:
        http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s03

Cameras:
        http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s02

Prices appear to have changed since I bought them though. I did not spend that much per camera.
        Thank your for your reply. Good cameras. I'm looking into getting the same nvr for my primary residence. Right now dealing with dauha analog cam dvr for the vacation place. Like it so far.

Originally posted by Vincenttor View Post
        Ok so , i have bought in the past hikvision camera's
        These are the Hikvision ds-2cd2032-i ( 3 MP)
        Problem indeed whats there is the chinese software on these, but i flashed them and they are still working great.
        Only "problem" when they are in chinese is that 1 you can't read the settings menu haha, and 2 is that the time/date displayed in your camera image is in Chinese.

When flashed with other firmware this problem is gone.
        Thanks for taking the time to list the cams and post pics. Those pics are so clear. Very nice. I guess other than that bit of Chinese in the top middle of the pic, it looks great. I've put these on my to buy list. Thanks!
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
          Look at this link:

https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Dahua

It's for ispy, but they have the URL's for all the models. I had it working thru VLC and the only option I saw to get it into HSTouch was to transcode as you are basically suggesting with Blue Iris. My HS server is a very small footprint to minimize electricity use, and doubt it has the horse power to transcode.

RTSP seems to be the new standard with cameras and it surprises me that a home automation application can't deal with it properly.
          Any news on whether or not we can expect RTSP to be rolled into HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
            Any news on whether or not we can expect RTSP to be rolled into HS3?
            Its there in the latest beta for Designer and Client. I have been running it now for a couple months without issue.

Comment

This thread has been really helpful and yet just adds to the IP camera confusion. Got the go ahead from the misses to start setting up cameras and man are there ever tons of them. Planning on running Blue Iris on a standalone machine and probably 7-10 cameras in total. Found these on amazon and they seem like they might work and the price point looks appealing. Thought I would reach out and see what the community thinks before ordering them. They have both bullet and dome style and was planning on mixing and matching depending on location. Helps add a few more cameras to the mix if they work out.

http://www.amazon.com/Camera-Reolink..._ybh_a_153#Ask

Comment

Checkout the Q&A on Amazon. It only supports RTSP. It looks like you need to use the app or client software to get snapshots.

I purchased cameras from four different brands recently to check out. They all had their up and down points. Things I learned to look for:

- View live on *any* browser. If they talk about Windows and apps only it probably needs ActiveX to view the stream on a browser.

- Frame rates for the quoted resolution. Some of them are quoting resolutions they only support at 5 frames/sec or such.

Microseven was the best of the bunch I tried but they are not pretty dome cameras. They are bricks. They do have what they call a dome but I wouldn't call it that. More like a bullet on a round mount.

Comment

Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
                  Checkout the Q&A on Amazon. It only supports RTSP. It looks like you need to use the app or client software to get snapshots.

I purchased cameras from four different brands recently to check out. They all had their up and down points. Things I learned to look for:

- View live on *any* browser. If they talk about Windows and apps only it probably needs ActiveX to view the stream on a browser.

- Frame rates for the quoted resolution. Some of them are quoting resolutions they only support at 5 frames/sec or such.

Microseven was the best of the bunch I tried but they are not pretty dome cameras. They are bricks. They do have what they call a dome but I wouldn't call it that. More like a bullet on a round mount.
                  Thanks for sharing, those microseven really are bricks... Reolink claims they have added snapshot urls but it also sounds like the are crashing under BI servers... I think I might check out the microsevens a bit more, the brick look isn't a big issue, I plan on hiding under eaves etc so they shouldn't be hanging out much.

I can say the picture quality on the d-link PTZ camera is less than desirable, even at 1080p

The hunt is on.

Also any input on POE switches is welcome as well

Comment

Customer support is also good. It is a US-based company but the guy running it definitely wasn't born here. The customer support is good and they even run a hokey cloud service on their server where they will host your feeds if you want access from outside your LAN without opening ports. Public or private feed. You can then take the link generated by their feed on the website to use on webpages elsewhere.

Comment

Customer support is a big deal for me, last thing I want to do is screw around with cameras that are installed higher than I can reach.

It also looks like most of their cameras are 960p any issues that you have seen with the quality? I don't think the 960 is a problem especially given the fact that so much is watched on small screens with lower resolutions.

Comment

The 1280x960 is actually easier to work with. The 1920x1080s are too big at full scale and the wrong aspect ratio for most of my monitors. Again, untrained eye, but I think the picture is clearer on the Microseven. Straight lines are straight. They claim superior lens but who knows.

Comment

I notice too that the 1080 is a heck of a lot of bandwidth to push. Been playing with an amcrest PTZ and so it is actually working well. Got ot for a non essential area but set-up was a breeze and over all quality seems to be there.

Do you use the wifi side of the microsevens or straight poe?

Comment

so I see the same links and talk of nvr and cameras with slight model numbers..

any reason to not buy a canned setup like samsung here?
                            http://www.samsclub.com/sams/4-ch-72...rod16050070.ip

I am asking as we are goign on vacation soon and wife saw this and asked me about it. I know they are not 1080... but for the price... and only need 4 cameras what is the CON?

thx all..
                            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Looks good to me.
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                                Looks good to me.
                                only con to me is i have 2 or 3 cameras now that i wouldnt be able to hookup to it... as that box only has 4 connectors..

so i am also noticing the POE units that you guys linked here... are only that. say 8 poe... but it says 16 cameras.. how does that work?
                                also is there a POE and BNC unit?
                                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                                X