Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro Relay Switch 2x1.5kW Issues

Hello

I have the same issue on two separate circuits with two separate 2x1.5kW relays.

Ok so the problem I have is - for example looking at the bedroom:#
    S1 - Binary Switch for Main Lights
    S2 - Binary Switch for Wall Lights

When I operate S1 from HomeSeer; the main lights operate, and S1 indicates ON. Great
    When I operate S2 from HomeSeer; the wall lights operate, and S2 indicated ON. Great

When I operate S2 from the normal light button (standard button); the wall lights turn on, and S2 indicated ON. Great

Here's the problem: When I operate S1 from the normal light button (standard button); the main lights turn on. Good up to now but HomeSeer displays S2 as ON ???
    Please note it happens on a separate switch elsewhere in the house.

Can someone help me with me with this?

I use a Aeon Z-Stick Gen 5 with HS3.
    These modules are Fibaro 221's.

I think this is likely to be quite a well known issue and to do with the firmware in the units which changed at some point however the Z-Wave plugin is dealing with manipulating the behaviour for the older firmware. Which firmware does your switch report, mine report 2.2 and behave correctly.

Comment

This is very frustrating.
      Both switches have Fibaro v2.2
      The HomeSeer version is 3.0.0194
      Controller Node is Z-Wave 3.95

It wouldn't be an issue with the Aeon Z-Stick?
      Although the switches are 2 gangs. They are each 2way (COM/1way/2way);
      I've wired into 1way's - wiring into 2 way wouldn't make no difference would it?
      I wonder what the difference is if your states work; could you tell me which software version are you using?

I did read your previous posts - I think what we need is someone with a 221 which works and find out exactly what hardware and firmware are being used??
      Last edited by smokeycoles; January 30, 2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Actually upon checking mine don't work right - I really don't use them (they are a manual backup for my central heating) at all but I do see what you see. This is odd as I am sure this did work and sent Jon00 a video showing it did but typically for me I have now deleted that video, perhaps some change in the plugin or I was just confused and thought it was working right??

Comment

This is exactly the same (incorrect) behavior I see with my double Qubino Z-Wave plus modules (model ZMNHBD1). And not only for the switch, but also for power reporting. Very annoying... Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
          stefxx

Comment

I reported this issue with the V2.x 2x1.5kW Fibaro's many months ago and several times until eventually giving up.

If memory serves me correct... There was a firmware issue with the V1.x devices in the days when Rick Tinker was looking after the Z-Wave plug-in and he put a workaround in to fix it in HS. Fibaro then released the V2.x device and the bug was fixed but HS doesn't differentiate between different versions of the same device and applies the fix to both which causes a problem with V2.x devices.

Not that it's much help... I have both version 1.x and 2.x devices here but I don't use them with local control so the issue doesn't really affect me.

Paul..

Comment

You need to delete Group 3 from the existing associations list.

See this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=14
              Jon

Comment

What Fibaro device is this specifically?

Comment

Resolved

Hi All

Some real good feedback in here.
                  So to recap this is for the Double Relay Fibaro (Model 221 running v2.2) where S1 indicates S2 - which was due to a modification for older firmware/models which causes issues with the new relays.
                  Also for people thinking to use Quibino modules - there is similar issues.

I got mine working today and indicating correctly.

SOLUTION FOR ME:
                  I did delete ASSOCIATION GROUP 3 HomeSeer.
                  However this was not enough for me as I got some weird issues with the states although did get S1 appear just not disappear so
                  I changed Parameter 13 to '0'
                  I changed parameter 14 to '1'.

Both switches have Fibaro v2.2
                  The HomeSeer version is 3.0.0194
                  Controller Node is Z-Wave 3.95
                  Controller: Aeon Aezostick Gen 5 (nodes added by HS)

I did this on both switches to prove and have trialled about 20 different switching combinations both manually and by software and can report back this has worked for me.

Thank you everyone for some really useful feedback and please have a shot and feedback your result (good or bad)
                  as I bet others will have this very common issue. I'm delighted now.

Comment

Nice to see you got it working! "Unfortunately" my Qubino is a Z-Wave plus device and I never had an association to Group 3. I only have an association to Group 1 which should be sufficient for Plus devices I believe.

And I have parameter 1 and 2 to 0 as I have mono stable switches. Not sure how to compare with parameter 13 and 14 on the Fibaro.
                    stefxx

Comment

Also, based on the information below I tried to replace Group 1 with Group 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 but the issue remains.

Group 1: Lifeline group (reserved for communication with the main controller), 1 node allowed.
                      Group 2: basic on/off (triggered at change of the output Q1 state and reflecting its state) up to 16 nodes.
                      Group 3: switch binary report (triggered at change of the output Q1 state and reflecting its state) up to 16 nodes.
                      Group 4: power meter report (triggered at change of the output Q1 state) up to 16 nodes.
                      Group 5: basic on/off (triggered at change of the output Q2 state and reflecting its state) up to 16 nodes.
                      Group 6: switch binary report (triggered at change of the output Q2 state and reflecting its state) up to 16 nodes.
                      Group 7: power meter report (triggered at change of the output Q2 state) up to 16 nodes.
                      Group 8: multilevel sensor report (triggered at change of temperature sensor) up to 16 nodes.

I also tried to use Endpoints but whenever I select an Endpoint, the association doesn't "stick". It does report "Association set successfully" but the association is not set at all.

Strangly enough polling the device does work but it causes my events to fail or at least delay to a point where it breaks the WAF completely
                      stefxx

Comment

Qubino ZMNHBD1 version H1 S2 P1

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                        This is exactly the same (incorrect) behavior I see with my double Qubino Z-Wave plus modules (model ZMNHBD1). And not only for the switch, but also for power reporting. Very annoying... Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
                        I got it to work after some fiddling.
                        Before Q2 was reported to be on when Q1 was activated and Watts were cumulated in Watts 1. Watts 2 was dead.
                        Though (also after full optimizing Z-Wave Nodes) it is reporting slow but now it's separate, see times in example 1.
                        I have no hardware attached at inputs and 2 x 40 Watt bulbs at Q1 and Q2
                        Sometimes S1 switches slow.
                        See Example 2 for what I did.
                        Maybe someone has better parameter settings and Homeseer settings?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                          I got it to work after some fiddling.
                          In your screenshot I see: "Homeseer Polling Interval set to 10 seconds"

And I know that works. Polling will collect the right status and usage information from the Qubino's. And that also explains why it is slow (only every 10 seconds). But polling should not be necessary with those devices as they support instant status.
                          stefxx

Comment

workaround

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                            In your screenshot I see: "Homeseer Polling Interval set to 10 seconds"

And I know that works. Polling will collect the right status and usage information from the Qubino's. And that also explains why it is slow (only every 10 seconds). But polling should not be necessary with those devices as they support instant status.
                            Let's call it a workaround and wait until Z-wave plugin update solves it.
                            Setting to lower secs did not solve it and sometimes like higher settings put me to the old behavior. This was the best I could find.

Comment

Yes, it is a workaround but a pretty lame one

And I really don't see how changing those parameters influence the behavior. You have no association to Homeseer, only polling. So no matter how you setup up the parameters, the data will only be collected during a poll, every 10 seconds in your case.

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing your experience!
                              stefxx

Comment

Working...
                              X