Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help

Installed BLLAN to monitor cameras. I put the cameras in and HS devices were created even though the plug in status says HS devices are not assigned. I turned off power to one camera and can see the ping failures in the log. But the HS device still says the camera is on. How do I get this to work properly?

Is anyone there?

Comment

Does the camera allow a ping? Some devices block a ping request.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

All cameras respond to pings. But that's not the problem. I can see in the log that there are ping failures, but the HS device still shows online and never changes. I need to trigger an event if the cam goes offline.

There may be a HS problem here. Using the BLue Iris plugin, I can see in the log that there is a watchdog failure, but it also doesn't trigger an event like it should.

Comment

Log a ticket on my site and capture the issue with debug logging turned on in the plugin
          Then attach the BLLAN-Detailed.log zipped to the ticket on my site
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
            All cameras respond to pings. But that's not the problem. I can see in the log that there are ping failures, but the HS device still shows online and never changes. I need to trigger an event if the cam goes offline.

There may be a HS problem here. Using the BLue Iris plugin, I can see in the log that there is a watchdog failure, but it also doesn't trigger an event like it should.
            Is there any chance that you changed the name of Location 1 or Location 2 in the Device Manager, after you created the devices in BLLan? If you change the name of Location 1 (the HS default is "Room") in the device after BLLan builds it, I have found it breaks the device. I suggest you delete the device, then create it again and make sure the location you assign in BLLan is what you want. Since Location 2 (HS default "Floor") is not referenced in the plug-in, you can change it after the fact.You can change Location 1, but be sure and do it in the BLLan plug-in rather than in the device.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              Log a ticket on my site and capture the issue with debug logging turned on in the plugin
              Then attach the BLLAN-Detailed.log zipped to the ticket on my site
              I deleted all devices and restarted hs. Then put devices in again. Now 5 of six cameras work. But the sixth is very strange. When I put the device in BLLAN, it does not create a new device in HS. Instead, it puts the status string into the device that I use to switch the power off and on. This is the only camera that uses an insteon device to switch the power (is that a clue?). I've deleted and added the camera in BLLAN several times and it always does the same thing.

After deleting and starting over, the other 5 devices are now working and triggering events as they should. I don't know how to fix the 6th one. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
                I deleted all devices and restarted hs. Then put devices in again. Now 5 of six cameras work. But the sixth is very strange. When I put the device in BLLAN, it does not create a new device in HS. Instead, it puts the status string into the device that I use to switch the power off and on. This is the only camera that uses an insteon device to switch the power (is that a clue?). I've deleted and added the camera in BLLAN several times and it always does the same thing.

After deleting and starting over, the other 5 devices are now working and triggering events as they should. I don't know how to fix the 6th one. Any ideas?
                I deleted the BLLAN device AND the insteon device. Put the BLLAN device back and then the insteon device and fixed the problem. I have seen events triggered by BLLAN. Not sure it's working 100% so I'll keep my eye on it for a while.
                Thanx

Comment

Working...
                X