Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost remote connection to Homeseer

Hi,

I suddenly lost my remote connection to my Homeseer Zee S2.
    All worked well till I changed the standard FLOOR and ROOM name of the weatherXML plug-in devices from their standard name (weaterXML) to more applicable names which I wanted to be in line with the rest of my device groups.
    After having changed the FLOOR name to 'Weather' and ROOM name to 'Current Conditions', I lost the connection and can't log-on again since then.
    As such, I am puzzled if the Hometroller Zee S2 went into a failure state because of those changes.
    All other LAN devices are still remotely accessible, hence concluded that the network is not a problem.

When trying to log-on from my remote location, I receive an error message with an time-out alarm from the host IP

Hope someone can help since I don't have the option to go and reset the Hometroller.

Welcome to the Homeseer forum.

Connect a monitor / keyboard to the device and see if it is booting OK or stopping in the middle of the boot.

Can you ping or SSH to the Zee S2.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete.
      Since I'm living abroad, I can't connect a monitor to find out exactly what goes wrong. I had someone resetting the Hometroller though and the unit was back-up and running for some time after it went again in an error state. In the meanwhile, I connected the power source of my Hometroller to a WEMO plug so I can now remotely power off the Hometroller to have it reset.

While I still didn't find the reason for the regular freezing of the Hometroller, I am seriously doubting that one of the Plug-ins (Weather XML or BBLAN) has something to do with it and trying to narrow down the reason.

Thank you,

Comment

Working...
      X