No announcement yet.

I'm not getting email notifications for subscribed threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I just got 10 or more from the last week or so. My server is set up to reject email without proper reverse DNS.

Thanks.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I haven't seen any yet. I rechecked my SPAM folders. I hope the sudden flood of queued up emails didn't cause any blacklisting.
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I have not seen any yet either. When I logged on this morning to the HomeSeer Message Board, there were 5 threads that I have subscribed to that had activity since my login last night. I have not received any notification emails on those threads for some time. It maybe that they show up this afternoon, but I usually got them at all times during the day as activity occurred on the subscribed treads.

I know it sounds strange to be asking for more emails, normally we want them to stop, however these emails help me know when there is activity on something that I am interested in...

As for the HomeSeer sales emails, have not seen any of those either. Not that I am asking for more sales emails... but if you make money off the sales emails, I would expect that someone would want to figure out what is going on.. Because you are not reaching me and I suspect that you are not reaching others as well.

Good luck on the hunt... hope you figure it out.

FYI, I have checked my local SPAM filter as well as logged into my provider and checked there as well... I simply do not have any emails from HomeSeer.
        Billy

Comment

Got one Homeseer sales email yesterday. This is on one hosted personal account. Well and see a history of the ads in that account.

No subscribed stuff though.
          Last edited by Pete; July 28, 2017, 08:50 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

There were only about 20 or so messages in the queue when we fixed it, older messages were probably dropped. I just checked the queue and there is only one message in there (someone has a subscription going a squarespace account and that account must be gone). So I believe its working. Check the subscriptions in your control panel.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              There were only about 20 or so messages in the queue when we fixed it, older messages were probably dropped. I just checked the queue and there is only one message in there (someone has a subscription going a squarespace account and that account must be gone). So I believe its working. Check the subscriptions in your control panel.
              I am subscribed to this thread and well as a number of others with recent activity. There have been two posts since I posted this morning on this thread, yours and one from Pete... I just checked and I have received no notification email, and have nothing in SPAM from HomeSeer.

Not sure what the issue is, but I do not think it is on my side... it could be something that I am missing, but whatever it is, the issue seems to be affecting others as well.
              Billy

Comment

Ok, I should have checked the log, there are some errors with your email. Appears to be an issue with the DNS, your mail server does not like what we are sending. I made a change so if this post triggers an email. I can check log after I post this also.

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                I am subscribed to this thread and well as a number of others with recent activity. There have been two posts since I posted this morning on this thread, yours and one from Pete... I just checked and I have received no notification email, and have nothing in SPAM from HomeSeer.

Not sure what the issue is, but I do not think it is on my side... it could be something that I am missing, but whatever it is, the issue seems to be affecting others as well.

Comment

Ok, I should have checked the log, there are some errors with your email. Appears to be an issue with the DNS, your mail server does not like what we are sending. I made a change so if this post triggers an email. I can check log after I post this also.
                  Thanks Rich, sorry for the trouble. I am just glad that the issue is not affecting a large number of people. Not sure why that is happening with my email address as I seem to get plenty...

Just so you know the change you made did not generate a email. There were a number of subscribed threads that also had posts that did not send an email.
                  Billy

Comment

Nothing on my side yet either. I am also subscribed to this thread and have not received any notifications about it.
                    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                      Nothing on my side yet either. I am also subscribed to this thread and have not received any notifications about it.
                      Yea, I am not getting them either. So it's not just me... I am using a AT&T email address. I am thinking of switching to one of my Gmail accounts to see if I start getting the notifications.

Rich, what exactly is the error that you were getting with my email @bellsouth.net email address? I am getting my fair share of SPAM with this email address, so I am interested to know what was being reported as wrong...
                      Billy

Comment

Can you check your spam folder? I just checked the log and I see email being sent to you and the status is "Sent" and no errors. So it looks like it went somewhere. Before my last change there was a "data format error" which is usually related to a DNS problem, which is what I fixed.

Yea, I am not getting them either. So it's not just me... I am using a AT&T email address. I am thinking of switching to one of my Gmail accounts to see if I start getting the notifications.

Rich, what exactly is the error that you were getting with my email @bellsouth.net email address? I am getting my fair share of SPAM with this email address, so I am interested to know what was being reported as wrong...

Comment

Can you check your spam folder? I just checked the log and I see email being sent to you and the status is "Sent" and no errors. So it looks like it went somewhere. Before my last change there was a "data format error" which is usually related to a DNS problem, which is what I fixed.
                          Sure, no problem... I checked my local SPAM and Junk email folders, no emails from this board or HomeSeer. I also checked the on-line SPAM and Junk folders nothing in there either...

Not sure what the problem could be, I have not made any changes to any of my email settings.
                          Billy

Comment

Looked a little deeper and your SMTP server is blocking our IP. It looks like it did not like the fact that we did not have the correct MX record for the forum server. I have fixed that, but its still blocked. Might take a while for them to unblock it.

I have not seen any yet either. When I logged on this morning to the HomeSeer Message Board, there were 5 threads that I have subscribed to that had activity since my login last night. I have not received any notification emails on those threads for some time. It maybe that they show up this afternoon, but I usually got them at all times during the day as activity occurred on the subscribed treads.

I know it sounds strange to be asking for more emails, normally we want them to stop, however these emails help me know when there is activity on something that I am interested in...

As for the HomeSeer sales emails, have not seen any of those either. Not that I am asking for more sales emails... but if you make money off the sales emails, I would expect that someone would want to figure out what is going on.. Because you are not reaching me and I suspect that you are not reaching others as well.

Good luck on the hunt... hope you figure it out.

FYI, I have checked my local SPAM filter as well as logged into my provider and checked there as well... I simply do not have any emails from HomeSeer.

Comment

Looked a little deeper and your SMTP server is blocking our IP. It looks like it did not like the fact that we did not have the correct MX record for the forum server. I have fixed that, but its still blocked. Might take a while for them to unblock it.
                              Thanks Rich, that would explain it. I appreciate your time.
                              Billy

Comment

@Billy,

Here started with using my hosted server email address way long time ago...early 2000's...for the forum, bugzilla and the sales stuff.

Over the years the sales flyers started to get a bit heavy so I blocked them on my hosted email address. Well that made it so that the rest of the HS configured emails got blocked. Today too it may be blocked by the main home firewall rather than the direct email application (MS Office of old and Thunderbird in Linux).

Fast forward to right around the purchase of Homeseer 3. Changed HS configured emails over to gmail and hotmail. Well then there was a different email for the sales account, bugzilla account and forum account.

Having written that I only have the gmail and hotmail accounts working (bugzilla and forum). The sales account and historicals are gone I think I do have copies though of all of my stuff archived. (even the purchase of HS 1.X way long time ago).

Yesterday tried to create a new account with original first hosted email address account in the sales pieces. It did work though a while back when I requested change of email addresses for the sales account stuff.

I do not get any subscription posts coming from the forum ....well I do think I ever did. I do see emails relating to PM's and typically a bunch from Tapatalk......

As I was typing on the forum an email came to my outlook account from the Homeseer store address of newsletter at homeseer dot com...
                                Last edited by Pete; August 1, 2017, 01:13 PM.
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X