www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) Discussion about Rob Mason's HAI/OMNI Panel Plug-in

Closed Thread

Old March 10th, 2017, 01:47 PM
OverSeer

no problem...

The logs are located in the Logs folder for the root HS installation.
On a ZeeS2, that is in /usr/local/HomeSeer/Logs/HAI.log
On Windows it is under Program Files/HomeSeer HS3\Logs\HAI.log

You can just copy the log file and email to me at robmasonjr67 at yahoo dot com

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old March 10th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Seer Plus

Looked at log under View but see nothing after setting the plug in to Debug and turning cloudy day off and on using the HS interface and then off and on via Haiku. \\

I will now go back to the hopefully saved earlier 1.18 which worked
Old March 10th, 2017, 02:06 PM
OverSeer

That is the HS log that is under View, not the HAI logs.

You'll need to either build an event to send me the logs, or copy them off your Zee and email - either way will work.
Old March 10th, 2017, 02:48 PM
Seer Plus

I don't know how to build an event. I'll email you if I can find your address?

Mason I just reloaded the saved config before installing 1.22 and it came back up but still with 1.22 version and now it is working OK with communications going both ways. Thanks for your quick response.

I won't bug you anymore today:-))
Old March 10th, 2017, 03:10 PM
OverSeer

no problem - reach out anytime!
Old March 10th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Seer Plus

He's back

Rob I have no computer programs either on the Imac or my pc related to the HS3. I work with the HS web control (http://192.168.1.117/deviceutility) but you are saying that log is not what you want. I have done a search of this PC for Program Files/HomeSeer HS3\Logs\HAI.log nothing comes up.

Where am I going a stray?

BTW I thought the problem of no web control went away after reloading but now it is back and this time the controller is neither receiving nor providing HS a status.
Old March 11th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Seer Deluxe

Rob,

It looks like the latest beta 3.0.1.22 might have trouble reconnecting? I lose connection to my panel a couple of times a week when my VM system takes a snapshot of the HS guest (it pauses the network for a few seconds). This always reconnected fine in the last beta but in this one it never reconnects and requires a plugin restart.

I just enabled debug so i'll post logs the next time it happens. Has anyone else reported this?

M

Last edited by madas; March 11th, 2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old March 12th, 2017, 06:28 AM
Seer Deluxe

ok..the log just shows this

3/12/2017 4:53:24 AM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Connection Reset By Peer]
3/12/2017 4:53:27 AM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Retrying]
3/12/2017 4:53:27 AM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Disconnected]

and there are no more entries to the log after this (I checked the log around 6.30AM).

Any ideas?
Old March 12th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Seer Plus

Loss of connection

I think that connection problem is what I am experiencing also. Wish I knew how to get into the logs to share with Mason? No programs on my Mac nor Pc and only see the log under the Web View tab which mason says is not the log for the plug in?
Old March 13th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Seer Deluxe

The log will be in your HS directory under \Logs and called HAI.LOG.

You have to enable this log on the plug-in config page. (change logging from NORMAL to DEBUG)

Unfortunately in my log the lines I posted are all that is available other than normal traffic prior to the disconnect.
Old March 13th, 2017, 09:50 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasers03 View Post
Rob I have no computer programs either on the Imac or my pc related to the HS3. I work with the HS web control (http://192.168.1.117/deviceutility) but you are saying that log is not what you want. I have done a search of this PC for Program Files/HomeSeer HS3\Logs\HAI.log nothing comes up.

BTW I thought the problem of no web control went away after reloading but now it is back and this time the controller is neither receiving nor providing HS a status.
Yeah, I need to supply a better way to retrieve logs from the Zee. Let me put something together for the next release.
Old March 13th, 2017, 09:59 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madas View Post
ok..the log just shows this

3/12/2017 4:53:24 AM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Connection Reset By Peer]
3/12/2017 4:53:27 AM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Retrying]
3/12/2017 4:53:27 AM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Disconnected]

and there are no more entries to the log after this (I checked the log around 6.30AM).

Any ideas?
Quote:
I think that connection problem is what I am experiencing also. Wish I knew how to get into the logs to share with Mason? No programs on my Mac nor Pc and only see the log under the Web View tab which mason says is not the log for the plug in?
There were no changes in the version for connection issues.
That said, there was a change to pull the system status every 15 seconds. I guess it is possible that it is busy getting the system status, that it could be causing a timeout - I havent seen it here running on Linux or Windows.

You can bump this value up to say 90 seconds or so to see if that helps.
add or change the HAI.ini file setting to:
systemstatustimer=90
Old March 13th, 2017, 10:04 AM
OverSeer

Quote:

HS runs on your Zee, not your PC unless you are running a Windows version of HS. So, the logs are on your Zee - not your imac nor your PC. The logs 'live' wherever HS is running.

So, to access your logs, you will need to google and download WinSCP. It is a utility for accessing Linux/Unix servers with a drag-and-drop interface. You will run this, enter the IP address of your Zee and the username/password - usually homeseer/hsthsths3 but the password could be different depending if you changed it when setting up the Zee. Once opened, you can go to the /usr/local/HomeSeer/Logs folder and you should see HAI.log.

Alternatively, you can build an event like I showed in the sticky to send me the logs.
Old March 13th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Seer Deluxe

ok i added that setting as it wasn't in the hai.log and I set it to 90 seconds.

Perhaps you can block access to your panel for a few minutes and see if it automatically reconnects. I'm guessing most people don't get disconnects between the panel and HS that often.

This always worked flawlessly with every previous version. I left it many hours and it never corrected itself.
Old March 13th, 2017, 10:28 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
ok i added that setting as it wasn't in the hai.log and I set it to 90 seconds.

Perhaps you can block access to your panel for a few minutes and see if it automatically reconnects. I'm guessing most people don't get disconnects between the panel and HS that often.

This always worked flawlessly with every previous version. I left it many hours and it never corrected itself.
Thanks - let me know. That was a rather small change and I'm curious if something is 'blocking' causing it to drop connection.
Old March 14th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Seer Deluxe

No difference after adding that setting.

I lost connection two hours ago for a few minutes and it never reconnected. I have to still restart the whole plugin
Old March 14th, 2017, 09:21 AM
OverSeer

Curious whether you are seeing Omni Pro time going off or serial com issues?

Serial com issues would be seen on a serially connected OmniStat or Omnitouch 5.7 serial screens.

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT
Old March 14th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Seer Deluxe

Pete,

Was that in response to me or someone else?

There is no problem at the panel end so my OmniStats are fine. The problem is just on the HS end (which has the disconnection)

M
Old March 14th, 2017, 12:14 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
No difference after adding that setting.

I lost connection two hours ago for a few minutes and it never reconnected. I have to still restart the whole plugin
Thanks. Roll back to the prior version and verify that it no longer disconnects and I'll get a fix out ASAP.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Old March 14th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Seer Deluxe

Rolled back to .21 and did a test..it reconnected fine. I'll let it do its usual overnight automated thing either tonight or tomorrow and report back just to be 100% sure
Closed Thread